Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chiefweasel

Old April 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm all for fixing existing problems for the Core material but the Core material is only the Players Handbook, DMs Guide, and Monster Manual. Unless LW gets a license with Wizards to put the other books online, they arent allowed to do so.

I fact reading through the OGL, i'm not entirely sure we as a user community are allowed to produce the files that we have done. Since the materials we have created, ie Complete Champion falls outside of the OGL, Wizards may have the right to force us to pull all the materials. I intend to talk to the Wizard folks at Gen Con this year and see what they say about this. But lets keep our fingers crossed.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I'm all for fixing existing problems for the Core material but the Core material is only the Players Handbook, DMs Guide, and Monster Manual. Unless LW gets a license with Wizards to put the other books online, they arent allowed to do so.

I fact reading through the OGL, i'm not entirely sure we as a user community are allowed to produce the files that we have done. Since the materials we have created, ie Complete Champion falls outside of the OGL, Wizards may have the right to force us to pull all the materials. I intend to talk to the Wizard folks at Gen Con this year and see what they say about this. But lets keep our fingers crossed.
First looking at the posts upon Paizo about using stuff from wizards on fan sites they seem to following a legal stand point! It's product identity so cease and desist although they haven't brought any fan sites down but that's not to say they won't in the future.

Second I'm not bothered about the other books being officially entered I'd just like the increased functionality that is present in the Pathfinder system data as an update to Hero Lab!

The core material is the SRD just because three books are designated Core that doesn't exclude the other SRD material which includes Unearthed arcana OGL, Expanded Psionics, Epic Level, Savage Species, Deities and Demigods, Manual of the Planes and other ancillary books from original release.
Lone Wolf has slowed on the bug fixes to D20, due to work load of Pathfinder, and I understand that time is an issue but making the editor easier to use and nibbling at data input even over time ought to be occurring.
bodrin is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 18th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I totally agree the editor for d20 is a seperate and much more difficult beast from the PF editor. i would love to see a PF style editor for the d20 system.

But i dont believe LW is allowed to do any more book other then the ones that have already been done.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 18th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
But i dont believe LW is allowed to do any more book other then the ones that have already been done.
They should be allowed to do the Epic Level handbook since its part of the SRD. Regardless, I think people are just looking for bug fixes and an update so that functionality and editing more closely resemble Pathfinder.
Sendric is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 18th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
update so that functionality and editing more closely resemble Pathfinder.
Yea that would be nice. Not that I do allot in d20 vs Pathfinder but when I do it feels so outdated with less functionality.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM
ATM i'm running Age of Worms, a Dungeon magazine Adventure Path written by Paizo staff for D20 hence my push towards another update to the core files.

After the series is finished i'll be switching to Pathfinder, Carrion Crown AP, but i'll still be playing in The Savage Tide AP so i'll still require D20 support until that runs it's course.

I strongly believe that under the terms of the OGL license Lone Wolf can enter all the data contained here into hero lab.
LEGAL INFORMATION

Permission to copy, modify and distribute the files collectively known as the System Reference Document (“SRD”) is granted solely through the use of the Open Gaming License, Version 1.0a.

This material is being released using the Open Gaming License Version 1.0a and you should read and understand the terms of that license before using this material.

The text of the Open Gaming License itself is not Open Game Content. Instructions on using the License are provided within the License itself.
bodrin is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:59 AM
Bump for an update to the core D20 stuff! It's been a while.

The pathfinder stuff is far easier to enter data for!
bodrin is offline   #27 Reply With Quote