Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old January 21st, 2014, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I cant seem to get this to work, I keep getting the following error. Has the code been changed since this was posted?

Attempt to acces out-of-bounds array index '-1' for arry field 'kInnate'
---
Attempt to acces out-of-bounds array index '-1' for arry field 'kInnate'
If you look at the skill fields, you will see that the array "kInnate" has an array index of 0-5. Looking at 4 races (2 without racial HD, and 2 with), I see two values for cClsIndex. For the 2 races without racial HD, it was -1. For the two with, it was 0. I don't really know what this field does, but I might remove the variable from the script you quoted and just put 0 in for index as the arrayvalue and see if that does what you want. So, it would look like this:

Code:
hero.child[kListen].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[0] += Whatever#
hero.child[kSpot].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[0] += Whatever#
Sendric is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 21st, 2014, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
If you look at the skill fields, you will see that the array "kInnate" has an array index of 0-5. Looking at 4 races (2 without racial HD, and 2 with), I see two values for cClsIndex. For the 2 races without racial HD, it was -1. For the two with, it was 0. I don't really know what this field does, but I might remove the variable from the script you quoted and just put 0 in for index as the arrayvalue and see if that does what you want. So, it would look like this:

Code:
hero.child[kListen].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[0] += Whatever#
hero.child[kSpot].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[0] += Whatever#
I spent the day looking this over day and searching through other races as an example. I finally found the solution when creating a Black Unicorn, copying and pasting I deleted Wild Empathy and I got the same error. Also, the Race type Set to NPC allows for racial skill points, otherwise it says "Please select a class" on the skill page.

Apparently the skills must selected as class skills in order to use the kInnate array.. otherwise.. well the array wont exist and of course everything will be out of bounds.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; January 21st, 2014 at 11:51 PM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote