Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ifandbut

Old April 18th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I just purchased Realm Works and after installing it I get an error message saying that it cannot connect to the server to properly register my computer. The "Server Status" sticky says that the server is down, does this include the registration server? How long will this downtime last? Does this mean I can't use Realm Works when ever the server goes down (aka online only DRM)? Right now I just paid $40 for a error box.
ifandbut is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM
You have to logon to register a new installation and to create a new realm. For any realm that's already created, you can do whatever you wish to it offline.

If you want to use the cloud service, you need to logon to sync your realms (for any changes you made offline or from another computer) and to facilitate remote player views.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Erdrix

Old April 18th, 2014, 02:08 PM
The server is down now for what I believe is an update. You only need net for registering and realm creation.
Erdrix is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I should mention that remote player view is an upcoming feature.
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2014, 02:20 PM
As noted above, the server is down because we're in the process of deploying a new release. It should be up in a little while, but I'm not directly involved with release process, so I can't give you an exact timeframe.

Once you've activated your account and have your realm created, you can thereafter work offline if you wish. On the opening "login" screen within Realm Works, there is a button to click that bypasses all attempts to log into the server.

This behavior is similar to Hero Lab, where you need to first contact the server to activate your license. After that, you can work offline to your heart's content.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ifandbut

Old April 18th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Ok, so the servers are back up and I downloaded the new update. I then had to make a new account because I guess Realm Works accounts are different then Hero Lab accounts. Now I cant log in because I have not received the verification e-mail. How long does it take to get the verification e-mail?

I guess I timed this really badly. I'll be lucky to use Realm Works at all tonight at this rate.
ifandbut is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 18th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifandbut View Post
Ok, so the servers are back up and I downloaded the new update. I then had to make a new account because I guess Realm Works accounts are different then Hero Lab accounts. Now I cant log in because I have not received the verification e-mail. How long does it take to get the verification e-mail?

I guess I timed this really badly. I'll be lucky to use Realm Works at all tonight at this rate.
It shouldn't be that long. Check your spam filter. If it's not in your spam box, and you're using gmail, make sure you select "All Mail" under "More".
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:12 PM
The verification email is sent immediately, so you should see it very quickly. If you don't see it, it's probably been misidentified as spam by your spam filter, as @EightBitz indicated.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
whtknt

Old April 24th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Having the same problem. The verification email was not received (nor was the registration info email). It is not in my spam folder, nor any other folder.
whtknt is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 24th, 2014, 09:01 AM
FYI: I have had issues with emails from RealmsWorks and I have submitted a ticket on this.

I dont have any issues with emails from HeroLab.

It doesnt appear in any spam folder. I'm wondering if you're email is occasionally being blocked/rejected by gmail and/or yahoo. If thats the case it wont appear in a spam folder. (depending on who your DNS host is, that happens sometimes... i know certain gmail sites block all GoDaddy based sites).
mirtos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote