Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old November 28th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I still use containers but given the RW PE implementation and the inability to run the RW PE version in a separate window on my computer so I can monitor how things display in quasi-real time due to installation restrictions, containers are suspect.
Or you switch the GM version into "Player Edition" mode to see exactly what a player will see when he syncs.
Farling is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 28th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Is it an exact replica? If yes, it's helpful but it still means toggling back and forth and back and forth to make adjustments. Eventually I'd get the hang of it but initially at least it sounds painful.
AEIOU is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 28th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
CLARIFICATION:

Access to content in general will be through PLAYER accounts that are tied to each USER of the product.

However, once we get individual reveal control implemented, that will be PER CHARACTER.

Therefore, if a player runs two characters, he'll be able to see what BOTH of those characters know, individually OR (hopefully) collectively.

I hope this eliminates any confusion on the subject...
+1 and glad to hear it IS going to happen.... I guess timing is based on the poll.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGray View Post
*snip*Maybe it would be possible in that situation, when you flag such information as being encountered by the group, that RW reveals it (or part of it) without actually showing the content.

So for example, when you flag the NPC "Alecto" as encountered, all players would see in their PE an entry that only shows the tags "Human" and "Female", leaving the actual name blank and only the player who noted her name would also get to see the actual name.*snip*
I think the intent is you should reveal an alias for "Alecto." Maybe one that says something like "Human Female" or something like that...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
DaFranker

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
I think the intent is you should reveal an alias for "Alecto." Maybe one that says something like "Human Female" or something like that...
Blank entry names are more elegant. They're also easier to add. It also sounds like it'd be easier to code, if I were designing this from scratch.
DaFranker is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I just tested, and if you reveal an Alias but not the Topic name, nothing shows up in Player Mode.
pyremius is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 29th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyremius View Post
I just tested, and if you reveal an Alias but not the Topic name, nothing shows up in Player Mode.
Yeah I get the same issue. I'm assuming that it's not supposed to work this way.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 29th, 2014, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Is it an exact replica? If yes, it's helpful but it still means toggling back and forth and back and forth to make adjustments. Eventually I'd get the hang of it but initially at least it sounds painful.
It would be quicker than having to sync your GM edition up to the server, and then sync your Player Edition down from the server!
Farling is offline   #28 Reply With Quote