Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EberronKnight

Old April 27th, 2014, 05:09 PM
I'm new with Savage Worlds and bought the Sci-fi/Super Powers 2nd Ed books. I already had Herolab for my Pathfinder game so I went and bought the Savage Worlds and all the 1st edition stuff.

I'm greatly interested too with getting the Sci-Fi/Super Powers Companion- 2nd Ed data sets up. I really want to get into SW and Herolab helps soo much with learning systems.

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Nocturnal

Old May 28th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Hey, everyone! Short time listener, first time caller. (Read : "new guy")

I was wondering if there was an update on when the Supers 2nd Edition was going to be released. (annoying, I know. Sorry.) We're starting a new Savage World Supers campaign and will be rolling up characters on Friday.

Main reason I'm asking is we use the Hero Lab creator with the Deadlands companion. It's on our regular GM's computer, but I'll be running the Supers campaign. I bought the new Savage Worlds Supers rule book (.pdf, but the hard copy is being sent to me today) and am planning on buying the Hero Lab creator with the Supers companion.

Question is... is there going to be a MAJOR difference in the existing Supers 1st edition and the 2nd edition? If not, I'll go ahead and get it now and update when the 2nd edition comes out. If it's completely different, I'll just wait and we'll "fake it till we make it".

Thanks for your help. And sorry for the long question sequence. I'll try harder from now on. I swear.
Nocturnal is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
kevheath

Old May 31st, 2014, 08:37 PM
Will there be any chance of the Savage Worlds Ultimate Character Guide material getting incorporated?
kevheath is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 1st, 2014, 07:10 PM
As far as 1st VS 2nd, Major differences, yes. They'll have to exist as two separate Settings. And I'm working on the Sci-Fi Companion first, since it's new material.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
radgnome

Old June 2nd, 2014, 05:07 AM
Do you have any feel for when you might have the Sci Fi companion completed? I'm actually more anxious for the SPC2, but I know that's not your priority.
radgnome is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevheath View Post
Will there be any chance of the Savage Worlds Ultimate Character Guide material getting incorporated?
What is that? I don't see anything by that name as a PEG Inc. release, and if it's not then it probably wouldn't be something you'd see an "official" data file on. That would likely have to be something fan based and you can find what folks are working on on that front in the Hero Lab Savage Setting Index thread at the top of this forum, normally. If it is something non-official and you're not sure how to make a data file for such a thing you could also start a thread asking if anyone would do it, but unless they have that source (which I know I don't) then you may be out of luck on someone else doing it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
zarlor, here is a link to what it is.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...-Savage-Worlds
jbearwillis is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
zarlor, here is a link to what it is.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...-Savage-Worlds
Ah, thanks. So not a Pinnacle product, but one from Mystical Throne Entertainment. I don't have it, though, so I wouldn't be able to help there.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old June 10th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Just checking to see if there is progress, looking forward to the new version of Super and the scifi setting info. I am waiting to purchase the books until HL has the update so its a smooth transition for myself and my players.
SAbel is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old June 12th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I just got my hard copy of the Sci-Fi companion and I look forward to see this on Hero Lab. I haven't played a lot of Savage Worlds and would love to do something with this.
Krimson is offline   #40 Reply With Quote