Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kryosar

Old February 26th, 2018, 08:10 AM
I'm still very new to this game, but from reading the feat description for Weapon Specialization (I choose Basic Melee) it should add my characters level (which is currently level 3) to the damage modifier for the melee weapon I have equipped. When adding the feat, I do not see the character sheet adjust to add the character level to the damage for the melee weapon. I tried configuring it for the sniper weapons and didn't see that increase either. This may not actually be a bug, if I'm reading the description wrong, but was curious if others saw this same behavior or thought that it should function differently than what i was reading into it.
Kryosar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Did your character multiclass? Is that why you need to spend a feat slot on Weapon Specialization? All single-classed 3rd level characters should already have Weapon Specialization (Basic Melee) from their class, so selecting it again would be redundant and not grant a bonus.

Is the weapon perhaps an operative melee weapon, so that you're only getting + 1/2 your level (+1 in this case), rather than the full +3, and that's what's making it look like you're not getting the weapon specialization bonus?
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Kryosar

Old February 26th, 2018, 10:19 AM
I created a melee based Operative using the spear. I was already proficient in basic melee, but was thinking it would give an added bonus as well if I took that feat. That's partly why I was questioning if it actually was working correctly and me expecting something that shouldn't happen.
Kryosar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kryosar

Old February 26th, 2018, 10:33 AM
"Category: Combat

You know how to get the full damage out of a weapon type your class doesn’t normally use.

• Prerequisites: Character level 3rd, proficiency with selected weapon type.
(as an Operative I have the proficiency with basic melee, and the character is level so I meet the Prerequisites)

• Benefit: Choose one weapon type (small arms, longarms, heavy weapons, etc.). You gain specialization in that weapon type, which means you add your character level to damage with the selected weapon type, or half your character level for small arms or operative melee weapons. You can never have specialization in grenades." (I don't see any damage increase being applied to the weapon. I was thinking it should be a +3 since the two-handed spear isn't an Operative Weapon, but I don't even see a +1 being applied either.)

But like I said, I could be misunderstanding the application.
Kryosar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Look at the Operative class - at 3rd level, they get weapon specialization for free in all weapons they're proficient in. So as a level 3 operative, you've already got weapon specialization (basic melee).
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Kryosar

Old February 26th, 2018, 11:46 AM
ahhhhhhh, ok, thank you. i was wondering if i was simply missing something. thank you
Kryosar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote