Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ckorik

Old March 25th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
?

You seem to think RW is some sort of XML document or the like. It isn't. The underlying structure is a relational database. This has been confirmed and discussed many times.

Links are entirely separate from containers. You may think the two are equivalent but the program treats the two as distinct and separate.
I've never said anything of the sort.

I'll restate it again:

Topic Name: City of Brass
sub-snippet: Stuff about City of Brass

Topic Name: Plane of Fire
sub-snippet: Talks about City of Brass (link to city of brass)

If I change the name of "City of Brass" it will update the link automatically - it will find every link in the database that references City of Brass and update it. The program does this now.

Topic Name: Auto-generated-name-1
sub-snippet: City of Brass (link to city of brass)

This new type of topic isn't any different than the above - nothing in the database has changed (or how it works) - however when rendering the output the program treats any topic like this as special and shows the linked name.

We already know they have a 'rendering engine' - it has a bug that won't show topics if there are too many in a container. There is also logic in the render that decides if a topic is shown or not. This is an extension of that logic.
Ckorik is offline   #29 Reply With Quote