Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 27th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
So basically, you're asking for a highly advanced scripting task for your very first project.
I am in agreement. I would recommend leaving this "wizard" spellcasting part to the very end or much later on. Once you get more familiar with the HL scripts, tags, things, picks etc ideas it will be much easier to figure this out and implement.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 28th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Any race already can be a spellcaster, but since that's only designed to be built in from the start, and it's also tied to the HD of a race (and most PC races have no HD), that's going to take some work to rebuild, in order to modify whatever race is added to the character to only gain spellcasting at a later level, and then control the effective magic level. Also, I'm not even sure if racial spellcasting like a wizard supports spellbooks, since I'm not sure if there are any spellcasting races that use spellbooks.

So basically, you're asking for a highly advanced scripting task for your very first project.

The first step would be to study the drider race (the new version you get when choosing a race, not the obsoleted version you'll still see if you pull one from the encounter builder) - they use racial custom specials to add spellcasting to the race - figure out how that works.

At the top right of an editor tab, see all those buttons? Tags is probably highlighted on your language one, or wherever you've used Product Identity - click on it, explore what's shown there.
It seems I have jumped into the deep end. That idea will be put on hold for a while. For now I will stick to building the pantheon, languages and human ethnicities. Is it possible to make my deities show up under my custom heading ? I have not yet found the answer to that yet. I have created a new Deity Category, new category, order group, product identity and source, what did I miss?

thank you for your help and patients
Dior
thanx for moving me to the right place
Dior is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 29th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Found an older thread with the info I was looking for to make my deities come up in their own category. it took a couple try to see what I had missed.

thank you for all your help and patients
I'm sure more questions will come soon

Dior
Dior is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 29th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dior View Post
Found an older thread with the info I was looking for to make my deities come up in their own category. it took a couple try to see what I had missed.
Great to hear. I was just about to look into that today because its been awhile since I had looked at that issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 29th, 2018, 09:37 AM
just had a player ask about separating the ethnicities in to a custom heading.
I thought I was so bright as to use the {bmp npcclass }XnameX {bmp npcclass} to create a subheading. I created this in the Racial Cust Special along with the ethnicities, I have also made it available to human and then none. I have checked and unchecked the ethnicity box. the Show Only box is checked. the sources are the same. the upgrade-hide from list box has been checked and unchecked. and so many reloads I cant count them.
is this even possible? will making the homebrew campaign custom ethnicity heading persist to the other races ?

thanx again
Dior
Dior is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 29th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dior View Post
just had a player ask about separating the ethnicities in to a custom heading.
I thought I was so bright as to use the {bmp npcclass }XnameX {bmp npcclass} to create a subheading. I created this in the Racial Cust Special along with the ethnicities, I have also made it available to human and then none. I have checked and unchecked the ethnicity box. the Show Only box is checked. the sources are the same. the upgrade-hide from list box has been checked and unchecked. and so many reloads I cant count them.
is this even possible? will making the homebrew campaign custom ethnicity heading persist to the other races ?

thanx again
Dior
I don't think so. Not all tables/lists are designed to support headers. Pretty much if you see LW headers they "may" work but an area that has none means you won't be able to get them to work at all.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 29th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Thank you for the quick reply

Dior
Dior is offline   #17 Reply With Quote