Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

undeadfish

Old May 10th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Okay, I tried buying one of these, but it gave me a very odd addition to my gear.

It can either be used as a quarterstaff or two wakizashis. However, when I bought it, I got essentially two quarterstaves in my inventory which kind of screws up my wield options. Giving me three weapons of: Double Walking Stick Katana (sheathed) (1d6/1d6 x3, two-handed, double-weapon, blunt on both ends) and two Wakizashi-ish weapons (1d6 x3 instead of 1d6 18-20 x2). That would probably work better.

Pictured below is a real life example of what it is supposed to be.

Last edited by undeadfish; May 10th, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
undeadfish is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 10th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadfish View Post
It can either be used as a quarterstaff or two wakizashis. However, when I bought it, I got essentially two quarterstaves in my inventory which kind of screws up my wield options. Giving me three weapons of: Double Walking Stick Katana (sheathed) (1d6/1d6 x3, two-handed, double-weapon, blunt on both ends) and two Wakizashi-ish weapons (1d6 x3 instead of 1d6 18-20 x2). That would probably work better.
So add two Wakzashi's to your character and press the bag icon and drop them to the ground so they have no weight. Also buy them for free.

If you want you could buy Wakzashi as a "Custom" weapon so that you can give it a new name like "Walk Stick - Wakazashi".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
undeadfish

Old May 10th, 2014, 03:41 PM
It's from ultimate campaign.

It also makes me buy two of them at a time instead of one even though they would have been sold as a one item set.

So, a 50gp item costs 100gp and it gives me two quarterstaff-esque two-handed items instead of the appropriate things to wield which means I can't actually wield the item like I should be able to in the program to show appropriate bonuses.

The item just isn't handled well in HeroLab. I figured they'd care. Sorry if I was mistaken.
undeadfish is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 10th, 2014, 03:59 PM
If you feel it is an error in HeroLab's handling of the item as described in Ultimate Campaign, you should submit a bug report HERE as things mentioned in forum threads can be missed easily.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 11th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadfish View Post
The item just isn't handled well in HeroLab. I figured they'd care. Sorry if I was mistaken.
Um I don't speak for Lone Wolf. I was just providing a method to get you working RIGHT NOW. Then I assumed maybe incorrectly that you had put a official bug report in about the issue.

HL software is very adjustable in many ways but many newer gamers may not be aware of these facts. So was pointing out one possible way to get it to work without using the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote