Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PepticBurrito

Old July 1st, 2012, 10:32 PM
If you build a Catfolk with the alt racial trait Cat's Claws and purchase/wear Claw Blades (which according to the ARG isn't a weapon, but a gear item), you are able to enchant your claws.

Hero lab doesn't seem to be able to do this. You can't enchant the "Claw Blades" because they are a gear item. You can't enchant your claws because they aren't "masterwork".

Am I overlooking something or can Hero Lab just not do it yet?

Last edited by PepticBurrito; July 1st, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
PepticBurrito is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
I don't see a way to do it either, so I don't think you're overlooking something.
enrious is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lyle

Old August 13th, 2012, 01:44 PM
i just bought the item. then paid the cost for magic club, without the cost of masterwork added to it. that way i pay specifically for the magic cost of the item, and not have to deal with trying to make one for hero lab. although it should be a weapon and not gear in my opinion.
lyle is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
goodman.sean

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I just created the items in the editor.

The only thing I'm not sure how to fix is having a value based on the traits and feats taken since they can either do a D4 or D6. Any advice on how to do this since the trait "Cat's Claws" can stack with "Cat Exemplar (Sharp Claws)"?

Further, since they add a +1 enhancement bonus, how does this interact with being made masterwork? This might be something to talk to the game developers about since it could be read that making them masterwork wouldn't then give the +1, or would it stack with both enchantments and/or masterwork quality?
goodman.sean is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Samurai

Old January 18th, 2013, 08:15 PM
We're trying something similiar, building a catfolk, 2-weapon fighter, with cat's claws and claw blades.

1. Do the rules allow this fighter to make the iterative attacks with the claws?
2. if so, how do we do this in HeroLab?
Samurai is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM
1 - I believe no, although you have equipment enhancing the claws, they remain natural attacks and thus don't get iterative attacks. Same way that a dire tiger with an amulet of mighty fists wouldn't get extra claw attacks, for example.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Samurai

Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:39 PM
Thank you
Samurai is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
scpredmage

Old January 31st, 2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
1 - I believe no, although you have equipment enhancing the claws, they remain natural attacks and thus don't get iterative attacks. Same way that a dire tiger with an amulet of mighty fists wouldn't get extra claw attacks, for example.
Incorrect.
Quote:
Claw Blades: The blades grant the wearer a +1 enhancement bonus on claw attack rolls with that hand and change the weapon type from a natural weapon to a light slashing weapon. Catfolk with the cat's claws racial trait are proficient with this weapon. The claw blades can be enhanced like a masterwork weapon for the normal costs. The listed cost of the item is for one set of five claws for one hand.
Bolded for emphasis; using claw blades makes them count as a manufactured weapon, and thus iterative attacks from BAB DO apply.
scpredmage is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kjbro

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:41 AM
Actually, you *would* get iterative attacks because they are no longer treated as natural weapons. Per the SRD (emphasis mine):

Quote:
The blades grant the wearer a +1 enhancement bonus on claw attack rolls with that hand and change the weapon type from a natural weapon to a light slashing weapon. Catfolk with the cat's claws racial trait are proficient with this weapon. The claw blades can be enhanced like a masterwork weapon for the normal costs. The listed cost of the item is for one set of five claws for one hand.
Because they are now a light slashing weapon, they qualify for iterative attacks. ALSO NOTE, however, that because they are no longer natural weapons you need Two Weapon Fighting and will experience TWF penalties as if you had a light weapon in the off-hand.
kjbro is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Rungok

Old August 27th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I also am looking to get this fixed. I'm playing a catfolk ninja who focused on her natural attacks and the vicious claws rogue talent, but I cannot purchase enchantments for my claw blades, since it seems I should be able to make +3 Keen Menacing claw blades.

I also noticed that it doesn't properly tally multiple claw blade purchases. We're supposed to buy two, one set for each hand, but it only lets us equip one. We can still buy two, but only equip one. This is also kind of a pain cause I could want to have one claw blade enchanted with frost and another with fire, but it wouldn't let me equip it on the program even if they just fixed the enchanting them problem.

I mean you could allow us to purchase 'custom hand slot items' for claw blades, like we could custom amulets of mighty fists. that could help us circumvent the 'not a weapon' issue with Herolab.

Last edited by Rungok; August 27th, 2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: more thoughts to improve the issue
Rungok is offline   #10 Reply With Quote