Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 7th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixoticparadigm View Post
PS. Is there a place where I can see a to-do list? I really would like to know if I'm reporting things already known or not so I don't get yelled at again.
I'd rather not publish my to-do list, letting everyone comment on what's on it and not on it and complain when something's been on there too long (and having to maintain my own copy and a second copy for public consumption - there are sometimes projects we're not ready to announce yet).

This forum does have a search function - it's on the top-right of the page, just above the Replies and Views columns. (It's only there when looking at a specific folder within the forum - it's not displayed on the forum's main page).
Mathias is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old December 7th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. I added a level of Inquisitor to a blank character and chose Cayden Cailean (CG) as the character's deity. The NG, CG and CN alignments don't give validation errors, but the others do.
I tested again with a new portfolio, and there I didn't get this error. However, I still get the error with the old portfolio, so it seems that something in it may be corrupt. It should be noted that the portfolio that produces the error was created with an earlier version of HL.
evilash is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilash View Post
I tested again with a new portfolio, and there I didn't get this error. However, I still get the error with the old portfolio, so it seems that something in it may be corrupt. It should be noted that the portfolio that produces the error was created with an earlier version of HL.
Could you quote the exact error message being generated? That way I can be certain it's the class and deity combination (which, by the way, should be a pair of errors, one from each), rather than a domain, a feat, an evil-aligned spell, or something like that. There shouldn't be any difference between a saved portfolio and a portfolio generated now (beyond that aggravating Unwitting Ally bug).
Mathias is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
Laerlorn

Old December 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
If you have the option of getting a bonus to some saving throws, don't you want a reminder of that listed on the Special tab? This is as intended.
It seemed like a pug, as I saw special abilities being something build in to a character, not from items carried and used. I understood the logic behind this after working up another punch of mid-level characters... and that leads me to next subject;

Example of character whose second trait isn't showing in special abilities.

Male Tiefling Magus 3

SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Anatomist +1 to confirm critical hits. 1st trait
Combat Casting +4 to Concentration checks to cast while on the defensive. Feat
Concentrate (1/day) (Ex) 1/day, reroll a concentration check at +4. Magus ability
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks. Tiefling ability
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks. Tiefling ability
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks. Tiefling ability
Darkness (1/day) (Sp) Darkness once per day. Tiefling ability
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only). Tiefling ability
Spell Combat (-4/-2) (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -4 and defensively cast a spell at -2 with the other. Magus ability
Spellstrike (Su) Deliver touch spells as part of a melee attack. Magus ability
--------------------

Missing trait is Desperate Focus: +2 trait bonus on concentration checks.

I think there is fundamental flaw here (in my thinking). I am looking special abilities to be something easy for GM to track what Feats / Traits / Other Abilities the character has picked up. But instead Special Abilities is showing factors that have not been build in to a statblock (whether it is gear, trait, feat or other ability)?

Example: This character has also Dodge feat, but there is no point listing Dodge in Special Abilities because it has been already calculated in to AC.

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge)

That leaves me a question, why all 3 elemental resistances are in special abilities? As statblock shows:

Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
Laerlorn is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Simply because it was missed - the tiefling's resistances are recorded elsewhere, so they shouldn't be showing up an extra time in the specials list.
Mathias is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old December 8th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Could you quote the exact error message being generated? That way I can be certain it's the class and deity combination (which, by the way, should be a pair of errors, one from each), rather than a domain, a feat, an evil-aligned spell, or something like that.
You find the error with the deity/alignment setup in the first image below, and domain plus spells in the second image below. If you want me to send you the portfolio, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inquisitor_error1.jpg (103.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png inquisitor_error2.png (258.7 KB, 11 views)
evilash is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilash View Post
You find the error with the deity/alignment setup in the first image below, and domain plus spells in the second image below. If you want me to send you the portfolio, please let me know.
My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com. Go ahead and send it to me, since if I add 3 levels of Inquisitor, CG alignment, and Desna as the deity to a blank character, those errors aren't there.
Mathias is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old December 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Goodness, not sure if this has been addressed, this post is very long.

But haste does not properly provide movement adjustments. I added haste to a dwarf and his movement increase from 20 to 50. Haste increases movement speed by 30 but only up to double of the creatures base movement. So the dwarves modified speed should be 40 and not 50.
Globetrotter is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old December 9th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Not sure if its been reported or not but the Duelist ability Canny Defense is currently working in medium or heavy armor. It should only work when wearing Light or no armor , not carrying a shield , and wielding a melee weapon.
Pezmerga is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old December 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com. Go ahead and send it to me, since if I add 3 levels of Inquisitor, CG alignment, and Desna as the deity to a blank character, those errors aren't there.
OK, the portfolio has been sent.
evilash is offline   #130 Reply With Quote