Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2011, 02:45 PM
OK, we have a small collision.

Savage Worlds Deluxe has adopted the "Succor" Arcane Power from the Fantasy Companion. Deadlands has a similar power, with a slight difference (caster can't use it on themselves).

Since SWD is the base, we've used the unique ID powSuccor for Savage Worlds Deluxe. This causes a conflict with Deadlands as written, since it uses powSuccor for it's version. Again, since SWD is the core rule set, we decided that it should get the use of the unique ID, and Deadlands should change. We wouldn't normally do this, but the version of the power adopted into the base rules was a different version than the one in Deadlands.

So, when loading the new Savage Worlds Deluxe version of Hero Lab, in order to use the Deadlands data file, my suggestion would be to alter Deadlands and it's associated files to use powSuccorD or something like it. I'll leave it up to Dartnet to decide what to use, since he's (to my knowledge) the largest contributor to the Deadlands datafile.

The update should be available soon...

Last edited by CapedCrusader; December 30th, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
CapedCrusader is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
THX472

Old January 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM
What about the Guts skill? It looks like the SWD update doesn't allow Guts, but it should be a skill in Deadlands. How can it be enabled for Deadlands? Make a copy of it with a unique id and set it for the Deadlands source only?
THX472 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old January 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM
Do it sir.
dartnet is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 1st, 2012, 08:58 PM
No, we allowed for that. There's a new tab in the editor called Setting Adjustments. Here's one for Deadlands that will enable the Guts skill for it. Put this in the directory with your DLR.user file.
Attached Files
File Type: email DLR Setting Adjustment.user (2.0 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by CapedCrusader; January 2nd, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
CapedCrusader is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
THX472

Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
That worked thanks CapedCrusader.
THX472 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MRex21

Old January 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I tried this. It didn't work.

Suggestions?
MRex21 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MRex21

Old January 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I tried something different. I removed DLR.user and Deadlands.user files and put in DLR_Setting_Adjustment.user and the data files compiled fine.

But now...there are no Deadlands specific Hindrances or Edges. It's all the generic SW stuff. Did I do something wrong? As far as I can tell the addition of the user file did nothing. What I mean is...I see the 'Deadlands' and 'Harrowed' check boxes during the character configuration, but nothing in the program changes.

Last edited by MRex21; January 7th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
MRex21 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 7th, 2012, 09:54 PM
The user file had all of the content. The file I'm aware of is the DLR.user file. I'm not familiar with the Deadlands.user file.

The reason the check boxes are still there is likely because there is still something from the Deadlands source hanging around and keeping the header alive.

If you PM me your email address, I'll send you a version of the DLR.user file that should solve the compilation problem. With that and the Deadlands Setting Adjustment file in place, the Guts skill should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

Last edited by CapedCrusader; January 7th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
CapedCrusader is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
MRex21

Old January 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM
PM sent.
MRex21 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote