Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Hendel

Old February 9th, 2019, 07:35 PM
I am switching from my Windows based laptop to a Macbook Pro and I had Shadow Chemosh's files all set up and it was running perfectly on the old laptop. I added:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml

to the add source bar and it still has not updated to add the files that I want, especially the Eberron files. Am I missing a step?

Thank you!
Hendel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 9th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Have you tried selecting the Community Pack to download manually from the update screen?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hendel

Old February 10th, 2019, 12:17 PM
I think I fixed it. The odd thing is that it used to show a red exclamation mark besides packs and updates that I have not fully integrated, but I did not see that. I went back through ALL of the files and reloaded them and it worked as far as I can tell.
Hendel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old February 11th, 2019, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendel View Post
I think I fixed it. The odd thing is that it used to show a red exclamation mark besides packs and updates that I have not fully integrated, but I did not see that. I went back through ALL of the files and reloaded them and it worked as far as I can tell.
My understanding is that the "Hey Look At Me!" exclamation mark will only show for 3rd party (non-Lone wolf) source updates if you have initially downloaded (and installed?) the source material for the "check for updates" to compare against.

So in your case, if you hadn't yet downloaded the Community Pack on the new machine then it would not show as needing an update so no notification.

Now that you've installed the Community Pack on the new machine the next time ShadowChemosh updates it you'll get the notification.

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old February 16th, 2019, 05:42 AM
Indeed, you have to have installed a downloaded .hl file for a package to "register" for the update exclamation mark. The "Manage third-party updates" from the Tools menu will show you the list of such packages. Just transferring a bunch of .user files won't work.

Also, if you have multiples instances of the Pathfinder system (for example, for multiple campaigns with different rules and systems), the exclamation marks on your extra systems will vanish if the original Pathfinder system is updated, even though they have not been updated themselves (at least on a Mac). So in such a case update the original Pathfinder system last.
Lord Magus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote