Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bryan

Old January 24th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I am playing Daring Tales from the Sprawl and wanted to try to use Hero Lab for my characters.

Is there anyway to add a listing for Cyberware as a new listing? It would be like equipment but on the character sheet listed under its own grouping. Most likely that would mean it has its own tab within the editor kind of like how magic items or super powers are done.

Thanks in advance if anyone has an idea on how this can be done.
Bryan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 25th, 2013, 05:12 AM
I'm not sure about setting this up as a separate tab, and that would be pretty in-depth. It seems to me you have two options with it, though. One would b to simply make it a separate equipment grouping in your .user file (check out the second post in this post for some details on how to do that.)The other would be if you have the Fantasy Companion add-on for Hero Lab you could then treat cyberware as, basically, magic items. Not sure if there is a good way to change the name from "magic" to "cyber" on stuff, but the mechanic might be close enough to what you might be looking for.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bryan

Old January 25th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I was thinking it would need to be handled much like magic items and if I could somehow rename this entries as Cyber Ware that would work out good.

Guess I need to suggest this as things we would like to see in the future or something.
Bryan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 26th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately, this isn't a change you can make with a user file. Magic Items were very complicated to set up, and the way that Cyberwear functions in Daring Tales doesn't really match up very well. If I recall correctly, the only affect of the cyberwear is to modify the Wild Die of the affected Trait, yes? Since it doesn't affect the values on the character sheet directly, there's no need to go any farther than setting them up as equipment.
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 27th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Looking at the playtest version of cyberware for Interface Zero 2 that I downloaded yesterday, it will be easiest to implement with the dual derived-trait system that I mention above. I am thinking that using Equipment is the easiest way to implement it. I have not tried it yet, but it looks like you can make equipment add things to your character through the usual manner (like edges, racial abilties, etc). Just remember to uncheck the "holdable" option.

Check out the IZ2 Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...etal-cyberpunk
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
Unfortunately, this isn't a change you can make with a user file. Magic Items were very complicated to set up, and the way that Cyberwear functions in Daring Tales doesn't really match up very well. If I recall correctly, the only affect of the cyberwear is to modify the Wild Die of the affected Trait, yes? Since it doesn't affect the values on the character sheet directly, there's no need to go any farther than setting them up as equipment.
What about the possibility of allowing the "Magic Items" name to be replaceable. Much like Group or Faction can be renamed to read whatever you want it to in the Profile. Then what was a Magic Item could then just show on the Portfolio as "Cyberware". I suppose you might also have to modify some of the standard Magic Items to have something like the "Standard Gear" setting, though, so as to not show them, and of course the user would have to select, counter-intuitively, the Fantasy Companion as a source but it could be a fit for something like that which might not require nearly as much coding.

Personally I'd just go with SeelyOne's method, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote