Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

alientude

Old June 24th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Is there a way to increase the size of objects shown in the player window? For instance, I reveal the name and portrait of a NPC, and when it shows on the player window, the portrait is just a tiny thumbnail, with seemingly no way to increase it. Shouldn't there be a link to the portrait view of the image on the player preview tab? Right now, I have to go to the actual snippet, click on the "click to view" button, share the portrait there, and then show that content window. That seems like an excessive number of steps to just show the picture of an NPC - I can do it much easier with a simple image viewing application.

Also, a way to increase the font size of text in the player window (perhaps a zoom tool, like in the smart image interface) would be great. Right now, as far as I can tell, I have to manually change the font size of every snippet to increase the size, which is very labor-intensive.
alientude is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 26th, 2014, 03:55 AM
If you're just getting the tiny thumbnail, you need to go back and show the actual picture.

If you're only seeing the thumb, you're only showing the thumb. If the image is just kinda small and you want it bigger, in the player view there's the window with your image in it. Click anywhere in that window. A list of tools pops up on the side. There's a zoom tool at the bottom of that list. + for zoom in, - for zoom out. Resize the window when you're happy. Yeah, it's not as convenient as it could be, but for now it's pretty nice when you get it going. You're doing everything right as far as I can tell.

As to lettering....I hear you man. Here's what I've been doing. Create content normally, then, if I want to show an entry to the players, I increase the font size to 14-18 before revealing for that entry. I too would prefer a "zoom" tool for the text. would be AMAZING.

Last edited by Pollution; June 26th, 2014 at 03:58 AM.
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old June 26th, 2014, 05:56 AM
My point is that if I show the standard Portrait snippet of an NPC, it's basically useless - the thumbnail it shows is just tiny. I shouldn't have to show the portrait as a separate item that shows no connection at all to the NPC window. Showing the portrait snippet should either show a decent sized version of the picture, or have the thumbnail it shows be a link to the actual portrait, so I can just click on the thumbnail and the full portrait comes up in the player window.
alientude is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old June 26th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Resizing thumbnails has been requested here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49543
MaxSupernova is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old June 26th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll post my support of the idea there.
alientude is offline   #5 Reply With Quote