Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old October 17th, 2020, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
EDIT : on a totaly different topic, do you think the API of HLO going public could prompt the creation of a d20/3.5 pack similar to the one for HLC, but for HLO ?
I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.
Sendric is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Trion

Old October 19th, 2020, 01:31 AM
Hi ! It's me again !

I keep on progressing on the Planar Shepherd PrC. I am currently working on the Planar Attunement special ability of the PrC.

It states that, at level one, the Planar Shpeherd choses a plane to attune to. I already added all 39 planes (26 from DMG and 13 from Faiths of Eberron, even though the prC is designed to work only with the Eberron cosmology) as Custom Abilities for the class. I gave it the choice of one custom ability at level one, and it is working as intended.

I have a question, though : Planar Attunement states that the Planar Shepherd cannot attune to a plane with an alignement trait opposed to any one of one's own alignement. I understand that it is just a matter of adding a pick requisite to each plane, but I am wondering if there is a way to assign alignement traits to each plane, and then use the same bit of script with all planes to check versus the PC alignement ?

That would be much more convenient than writing a separate line on script for each plane (though it is a nitpick).

Last edited by Trion; October 19th, 2020 at 01:49 AM.
Trion is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Trion

Old October 19th, 2020, 03:03 AM
Here is another question regarding the Wild Shape ability. The Planar Shepherd's Wild Shaping abilitiues are worded as : "Your druid levels stack with yourplanar shepherd class levels for the purpose of determining the number of daily uses, the maximum HD and size (but not creature type), and the duration of your wild shape ability."

I looked through some other PrCs that work in a similar fashion, and I found this bit of script in the Arcane Hierophant (Races of the Wild) section :

Code:
~ Add AH levels to Druid levels for purposes of Wild Shape.
var bonus as number
bonus = #levelcount[ArcHeiro]
foreach pick in hero from BaseClSpec where "thingid.cDrdWild?"
 eachpick.field[xExtraLev].value += bonus
nexteach
However, if I am not mistaken, this would end up giving my character the ability to Wild Shape into other creature types as well (following the Druid/s levels), which I don't want. Where could I find the list of fields I shoud add/not add the Planar Shepherd level to ?

EDIT : regarding Wild Shape again, I want to add the creature types Magical Beast, Elemental and Outsider. I know that I have to use something like "perform hero.childfound[xWildShape].assign[Type.MagicalBeast]", but I can't find the actual tags to use. Do you know where I could find them ?

Last edited by Trion; October 19th, 2020 at 04:01 AM.
Trion is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 19th, 2020, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Hi ! It's me again !

I keep on progressing on the Planar Shepherd PrC. I am currently working on the Planar Attunement special ability of the PrC.

It states that, at level one, the Planar Shpeherd choses a plane to attune to. I already added all 39 planes (26 from DMG and 13 from Faiths of Eberron, even though the prC is designed to work only with the Eberron cosmology) as Custom Abilities for the class. I gave it the choice of one custom ability at level one, and it is working as intended.

I have a question, though : Planar Attunement states that the Planar Shepherd cannot attune to a plane with an alignement trait opposed to any one of one's own alignement. I understand that it is just a matter of adding a pick requisite to each plane, but I am wondering if there is a way to assign alignement traits to each plane, and then use the same bit of script with all planes to check versus the PC alignement ?

That would be much more convenient than writing a separate line on script for each plane (though it is a nitpick).
In theory you could add alignment tags to each plane and try to compare those to the hero, though I don't think it would work until after you've selected the plane. Probably wouldn't save you any time either.

Also, you need to use an Expr-req, not a pick-req, like so:

Code:
hero.tagis[Alignment.Evil] <> 0
Quote:
Here is another question regarding the Wild Shape ability. The Planar Shepherd's Wild Shaping abilitiues are worded as : "Your druid levels stack with yourplanar shepherd class levels for the purpose of determining the number of daily uses, the maximum HD and size (but not creature type), and the duration of your wild shape ability."

I looked through some other PrCs that work in a similar fashion, and I found this bit of script in the Arcane Hierophant (Races of the Wild) section :

Code:
var bonus as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseClSpec where "thingid.cDrdWild?"
nexteach
However, if I am not mistaken, this would end up giving my character the ability to Wild Shape into other creature types as well (following the Druid/s levels), which I don't want. Where could I find the list of fields I shoud add/not add the Planar Shepherd level to ?
Actually, this is the correct way. You just need to modify it to not add to the ones you want:

Code:
var bonus as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseClSpec where "thingid.cDrdWild? & !thingid.cDrdWldPl"
nexteach
If you want to know what the thingid for the others are, create a Druid and open up their Class Specials window. Right-click on a special and select "Show Debug Tags". Make sure you have Develop -> Enable Data File Debugging turned on in the menu first.

Quote:
EDIT : regarding Wild Shape again, I want to add the creature types Magical Beast, Elemental and Outsider. I know that I have to use something like "perform hero.childfound[xWildShape].assign[Type.MagicalBeast]", but I can't find the actual tags to use. Do you know where I could find them ?
There is actually a separate special for Wild Shape, Elemental it seems. I'd have to do more research to see about Magical Beast and Outsider. You can try simply adding this tag and see what happens, but realistically all the tag does is add to the special's summary.

Last edited by Sendric; October 19th, 2020 at 04:27 AM.
Sendric is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Trion

Old October 19th, 2020, 06:03 AM
Well, thank you again for your help ! It looks like I am mostly done. I have a few issues, though.

If I create a Druid5/Planar Shepherd 6, I already see 3 charges of Planar Bubble available, when I should only see 1, and then 3 at Planar Shepherd 10. I have the same issue with Plane Shift (I see 2 charges when I shoud see only 1). Do you have any idée why that could be ? In the mouseover-thingy of the Planar Shepherd class, the specials of lvl 7 and over are grayed out, so I don't really understand what happens here.

EDIT : also Plane Shift does not show up in the In-Play tab, even though I checked the "Show in Tracked Ressources List" thing.

EDIT 2 :Could there be an issue where the editor does not compile right when there are tags that are similar except for a single digit at the end ? I notice I have "issues" when I have tags like cPlSPlaBub and cPlsPlaBub3.

EDIT 3 : Here is an image ilustrating my issues :

Last edited by Trion; October 19th, 2020 at 06:39 AM.
Trion is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 19th, 2020, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Well, thank you again for your help ! It looks like I am mostly done. I have a few issues, though.

If I create a Druid5/Planar Shepherd 6, I already see 3 charges of Planar Bubble available, when I should only see 1, and then 3 at Planar Shepherd 10. I have the same issue with Plane Shift (I see 2 charges when I shoud see only 1). Do you have any idée why that could be ? In the mouseover-thingy of the Planar Shepherd class, the specials of lvl 7 and over are grayed out, so I don't really understand what happens here.
It's difficult to know for sure without seeing it, but I suspect that you didn't prevent scripts from running at the later levels. You need to add something at the beginning of eval scripts for any class special gained beyond 1st level.

Code:
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)
This tells the script to stop running if the class special isn't active.

Quote:
EDIT : also Plane Shift does not show up in the In-Play tab, even though I checked the "Show in Tracked Ressources List" thing.
It might depend on what other tags you have on it, and whether or not it was properly bootstrapped. I can't really say for sure without seeing it.

Quote:
EDIT 2 :Could there be an issue where the editor does not compile right when there are tags that are similar except for a single digit at the end ? I notice I have "issues" when I have tags like cPlSPlaBub and cPlsPlaBub3.
What do you mean? cPlSPlaBub isn't a tag, it's a thingid.
Sendric is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Trion

Old October 20th, 2020, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I was mixing things up between tags and ids ! Anyway, this is not relevant anymore.

Well, it looks like I am mostly done withe the Planar Shepherd, appart from a few details (a few specials not showing up in the In-Play tab, ...) ! Thank you a lot for your time and advices !

I am going to playtest the class this week-end, and if everything is working I will hand the file to you next week.

I also added an Anthropomorphic Animal race from Savage Species, but as the rules are wonky, so is the implementation...

Last edited by Trion; October 20th, 2020 at 12:59 AM.
Trion is offline   #17 Reply With Quote