Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

AEIOU

Old September 10th, 2015, 12:49 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of the players seeing an NPC in a tavern. They are at another table, they don't have any interaction, they don't talk to them. But I want to mark that the players know of this NPC even if they don't know anything about them.

That NPC is now a blue outline around the bubble.

Later, the players witness a murder and see a figure leaving the scene. That person matches the person that they saw last month in the tavern. Do a quick perception check and/or KS:Local and I can reveal that information and the players can go back to the tavern to start collecting information.

That NPC is now a green bubble.

Without that previous link, the players have no leads. And some of us have stupid short memories....
AEIOU is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old September 10th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
And some of us have stupid short memories....
I use a sieve instead of a brain...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 10th, 2015, 07:49 PM
One good example that come immediately to mind is that a players may hear of a person, place, or thing and therefore I reveal it. Maybe they get a whole lot of information about it. They research the heck out of it or someone hiring them for a job fully briefs the party on that thing. So I can reveal nearly everything about it.

BUT they have not yet encountered it.

Many RW users use the reveal bubbles to indicate that the players know something about something, someone, or somewhere. That doesn't mean that they have encountered that person, place, or thing.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
I use a sieve instead of a brain...
Mine is a leaky sieve....
davidp is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old September 11th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
One good example that come immediately to mind is that a players may hear of a person, place, or thing and therefore I reveal it. Maybe they get a whole lot of information about it. They research the heck out of it or someone hiring them for a job fully briefs the party on that thing. So I can reveal nearly everything about it.

BUT they have not yet encountered it.

Many RW users use the reveal bubbles to indicate that the players know something about something, someone, or somewhere. That doesn't mean that they have encountered that person, place, or thing.
Nice example.

Right now I'm using picture snippets in place of any other sort of "met this thing" indicator: the players might learn details, names, whatever about something, but until they actually perceive it (got to make allowances for scrying somehow) they don't get to see a picture/map/whatever.

Of course, this means I spend an inordinate amount of time trawling the Internet for images to use for things/people/whatever.

Now, if we could user-define different colours for a halo on the reveal indicator, and create a custom legend that we could assign to a floating window, I'd be happier than developer without a leaky sieve for a brain...

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 11th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I don't see why this couldn't emulate the truth, half-truth, lie borders . Nice idea AEIOU

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; September 11th, 2015 at 09:36 PM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old September 13th, 2015, 02:44 AM
As Silveras mentioned I would probably use the GM notes or not revealed snippet to indicate this kind of information. Not sure I would want to see it in some kind of color scheme. This idea could explode in a lot of colors and pictures and as such would make it harder to distinguish between them.

In AEIOU's example I probably would mention in the topic where information about the tavern is mentioned would add a description in the snippet and a GM note indicating that this is culprit X.
In the topic of Culprit X I would probably add some information where they may have seen him before.

This would mean I do not have to reveal the topic of culprit X until they have actually met him. I know I will add the info at two locations, but this would be the best option for me.

If they have researched a lot of information on Culprit X but have never met him, I could add such information as a snippet in the topic.
Cornelius is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old September 19th, 2015, 09:08 AM
+1 to the modified bubble idea. It is simple to do and seems clean (at least for those of us who don't have to do the work).
Gord is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Tocath

Old October 13th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Two ideas:
1. Perhaps something like this could be accomplished by letting us check off or change color of plot points in the storyboard?
2. Use multiple topic views, and shuffle the "done" stuff into the "archive/history" view?
Tocath is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 6th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Once we have reveal to multiple characters, assign a "character" for "seen by players, but they don't realise it."

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #20 Reply With Quote