Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old November 18th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Don't feel bad, Brolthemighty. I'm terrible with names, I've been told ShadowChemosh's name is Tim multiple times, but at GenCon this year I could only remember his forum handle.
Aaron is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 19th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Don't feel bad, Brolthemighty. I'm terrible with names, I've been told ShadowChemosh's name is Tim multiple times, but at GenCon this year I could only remember his forum handle.
Very true. I quickly had to learn to answer to "Tim", Shadow, or ShadowChemosh.

In the good news I purchased the pdf so I can read the OGL. The bad news is that Paizo servers seem to have crashed from the overload of the playtest download. So I can't get to it...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 19th, 2013, 12:45 PM
We're in the same boat, currently.
Aaron is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old November 20th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Lol, nice.
Brolthemighty is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 21st, 2013, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Brol, Aaron,

I'm the same way with names. I used to be a tutor and professor's assistant. I couldn't remember the names of the students that came by the office from day to day unless they were regulars. When you're dealing with 600+ students per semester, if you don't see the face regularly and hear the name a few times, it's really hard to remember the person unless they have something really distinguishing about them, like a tattoo that is very unique. I am able to identify my favorite musicians by their tattoos at night clubs when I run into them, but that is an exceptional case for me. If I were to come by the Lone Wolf table I'd probably only be able to identify Colen because of his scottish accent, and maybe Liz since I did a phone interview with her. Mathias, Aaron, and Rob, however would be difficult for me to tell who was who because I've never spoken to you guys on the phone before, and I have no idea what any of you look like. However, if I were to see Ed Greenwood walking around I'd be able to point him out quickly Though he might prefer to be called Elminster at the convention. He really gets into his role as the great wizard of Forgotten Realms at times, and does tick off the RPGA judges from time to time when he shows up at a random table, decides he likes a character, and casts a spell on that character's behalf. He has been known to use the Wish spell to bring dead characters back from the grave after a tough fight, and caused many judges to have to adjust their reporting notes as a result of it.

I can guarantee you that if I were to run into any of the students I worked with over the years, I probably wouldn't remember them at this point. It's just one of those things for me that if I don't have constant contact with someone I won't remember their name after a while. And I wouldn't expect anyone to actually know me by name at a convention. Even if you used my real name I probably wouldn't respond right away as there are too many people with the same name as me out there. I usually go by Raven or RavenX at conventions now, when I do attend them, which is very rare now. I haven't attended a convention since 2009. And that wasn't a game convention.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
mlenehan1

Old November 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Has the user file thing been hashed out yet?
mlenehan1 is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlenehan1 View Post
Has the user file thing been hashed out yet?
I have started taking a look at it. It was started from a very old file I did many years ago and allot of the scripts can be "upgraded" to use better newer features of HL. So I started that the other day. Shouldn't take much longer actually.

Plus everything I can read in the new "Expanded" class pdf makes it sounds like this class is OGL and so can be easily shared.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old December 16th, 2013, 06:25 AM
ShadowChemosh. is the new version of the Spell-Less Ranger posted yet?
Kaleb is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 16th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
ShadowChemosh. is the new version of the Spell-Less Ranger posted yet?
So I spoke with the guys at KQ including Wolfgang and I found out allot of it is not OGL actually. So after some discussion I agreed to pass the file over to KQ so that it can be officially included into Hero Lab. This way the whole thing can be supported instead of half that I would legally be able to support.

I know its not exactly what everyone wanted to hear but I think that is the most fair and beneficial idea for the long run. At least that is my thought anyways...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
gamersgambit

Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:06 PM
Any word on this yet?
gamersgambit is offline   #60 Reply With Quote