Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 3rd, 2017, 05:07 PM
Oh, I fixed this. Custom Skills will be able have up to 36 characters, and only the customized name will show... How's that?

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #181 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old October 12th, 2017, 03:32 AM
Could we add support for Heroic Journey table rolls like the ones for Rifts? They could be treated like Edges with a separate resource pool, and a table field (like edge type).
dartnet is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old October 12th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Unfortunately, no. We can't support the Heroic Journey tables without doing a full treatment for Rifts. And, to my knowledge, that is not happening.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #183 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old October 12th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Any word on multiple Arcane Backgrounds?
TCArknight is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old October 12th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Okay then can we add something that handles "extra" things for SW characters? Like the Veteran O' the Weird West. There are a ton of settings that use these kind of elements. Using VotWW as an example:

A hero takes VotWW and it populates the Extra field like the Linguist Edge dose for Languages. The user sees she has one slot from the Extra filed and she sees from the Validation report that she must select it from the Vet O'WW category. She picks the Extra that fits the card her GM had her draw. Later she as now a Harrowed she counts Coup on a monster and gets an item (a monster scalp) that gives her a slot that can be used to get her ability,

It is an easy add an would be useful for many settings outside of Rifts (Deadlands, Mars, and Interface Zero comes to mind)and if we get an official Rifts the basic work is done.
dartnet is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 12th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
Okay then can we add something that handles "extra" things for SW characters? Like the Veteran O' the Weird West. There are a ton of settings that use these kind of elements. Using VotWW as an example:

A hero takes VotWW and it populates the Extra field like the Linguist Edge dose for Languages. The user sees she has one slot from the Extra filed and she sees from the Validation report that she must select it from the Vet O'WW category. She picks the Extra that fits the card her GM had her draw. Later she as now a Harrowed she counts Coup on a monster and gets an item (a monster scalp) that gives her a slot that can be used to get her ability,

It is an easy add an would be useful for many settings outside of Rifts (Deadlands, Mars, and Interface Zero comes to mind)and if we get an official Rifts the basic work is done.
If it's easier to code to get it in I'm for this, but I would much prefer to see it added like an extra "Hindrances" tab that otherwise works exactly like Hindrances where they can be added from the Advances at no cost as a better way to include those things, like the VotWW stuff or Coup, etc., into a data file so they are selectable. Having a Custom entry there would also be very useful to implement what dartnet suggests above to just cover anything else not in a data file to at least get it noted on a sheet in a similar way.

This is definitely one of the things that's been on my wish list for a long time that I would love to see.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old October 12th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Personally I would prefer to treat them more like Edges. So it doesn't get weird for NPCs.
dartnet is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 13th, 2017, 05:02 AM
No, no, I don't mean list them like Hindrances, treat them like Hindrances are in the code. If I add an Edge through the Advances mechanic the character has to "pay" for it. Hindrances, OTOH, are free. They just wouldn't be called Hindrances (or Edges, for that matter, as either method would be confusing). "Extras" or "Specials" or something like that would be what they might be called, I was just thinking in terms of being able to take an existing mechanic and copying how it works wholesale with minor tweaks might accomplish adding it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; October 13th, 2017 at 05:20 AM.
zarlor is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old October 19th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
"Did you happen to have any luck with the whole player choose their free skill at d6 type thing?"

This is one I don't really understand. Why not just give them the extra build points and let them choose an extra Skill?
Let's just say for the sake of argument that some future pick requires the selected skill to be actually saved to the character during the character creation. As a simple example(for which I have no official setting to present!), pretend we have a race ability defined as thus:

Racial Ability(this word is the GENERIC use of the word, NOT the HeroLab scripting use of the word!)

Dwarves may choose either Knowledge (Armor Smithing), Knowledge (Arms Smithing), Knowledge (Brewing), Knowledge (Jeweler) during character creation. This skill begins at d6 with no point cost.

Edge - Racial Training (Dwarf, Seasoned):
Increase your racial Knowledge skill by one die type.

This may seem like a really stupid example, but once you start taking the the way skills are purchase when compared to the linked ability it really can make sense for stuff like this. Again, I have not seen this in any source since I really don't have or want much of the setting files, but the racial ability above exactly mirrors one in my home game and I can see created an edge just like the above but might not because of either the inability or the workarounds required in HeroLab to support it.
jfrazierjr is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:18 AM
Would it be possible to add a "User Name" field to the Tracker component for display?

For example, Rifts has PPE and ISP for "Power Points". I'm using the trkPower for the actual value, but I'd like to display "PPE: 0 / 20" or "ISP: 0 / 20" instead of the default "Power Points: 0/20"

It seems like this would make it easier too when multiple backgrounds handling comes in....
TCArknight is offline   #190 Reply With Quote