Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 26th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

We've prepared a new release that fixes two crash bugs with Army Builder and ABCreator, which you can download here:

Download Windows Installer

Download Mac Installer

Before we release these to the public, we'd like to verify that there aren't any other issues with these that we need to address. If you've been experiencing crashes, or if you just have time to take this new version of Army Builder for a test drive before the end of the month, we'd appreciate it if you'd download it and let us know if you run into any problems.

Thanks for your help!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
brentil

Old March 27th, 2015, 06:09 AM
I was able to open a new AUG file with this version which would previously crash my 3.5 install.

I still can't access secondary sources I've added though which I don't know if that's because I have it configured wrong or not and I've gotten no response to my thread on the topic.
brentil is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Replied to your other thread, hope that helps.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AntaresCD
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 27th, 2015, 02:09 PM
It fixed the primary problem. I was able to make new data files, but in said new files (this didn't affect any of my older, pre-existing ones) I was unable to make a new unit. New items of other types worked.

Error:

ABCreator has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry! To help us fix this error, please send the following to support@wolflair.com in a single email:

1) A description of what you were doing (unless you include this, we won't have enough information to fix your problem!)

2) This file:
C:\Users\-------\Documents\Army Builder\crashreports\ABCreator-0.0-0-20150327-150840.dmp

3) Finally, please copy and paste this information into the email (you can right-click this message to do so):

D:\Program Files (x86)\Army Builder\ABCreator.exe 0.0 0

major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x00481189
Type: bad read

Would you like the dump file(s)?

My code doesn't have bugs; it has undocumented features!
AntaresCD is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AntaresCD

Old March 27th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I played around with this latest crash more by manually inserting units into the new files and it seems the crash centers around selecting a unit to modify, if that helps any.

I copied over the entry for a new unit (all z's) from a working file into a new one and making a new got to the name collision warning and did not crash.

The really odd thing is that if I create a new data file for an older definition file, I have none of these errors.

I also ginned up a new def file from scratch and made a data file that goes with it. It had no errors as well. I'm beginning to wonder if def files made with the previous version of 3.5 have an underlying issue.

AntaresCD is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks for your bug report! I'm afraid I can't reproduce the crash, in either a new file or an existing file - could you email me the dump file to colen@wolflair.com?

Either that, or you could give me a consolidated set of steps to reproduce the bug? I'm not sure exactly what your steps were here to cause the crash, and I haven't been able to figure them out myself.

Thanks for your help!
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AntaresCD

Old March 27th, 2015, 04:14 PM
I sent you the current files and some of the crash reports.

I cannot reproduce this on older def files or def file made with the version you provided above.

To reproduce, you would need to make a valid def file from the latest public version (the version where we could only make def files and not the other 3 types). Update to the build above. Make a new data file to go with that def file. Then attempt to add a new unit.

That seems odious so I have just sent over my current file set that is experiencing the error.

AntaresCD is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jtisdel

Old March 28th, 2015, 05:08 AM
I checked this patch release against Warzone: Resurrection (war 1.14) and was able to save the Cybertronic Scorpion unit without the crash.

You can call Case 56700 fixed with this release.
jtisdel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old March 29th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Had an oddity come up when using Force recompile and the quick reload:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=206547

My own Warlord Games gallery and the home of the Warlord Games datafiles:

http://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames

Last edited by Harkan_again; March 29th, 2015 at 09:12 AM.
Harkan_again is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks for reporting these! I've resolved all the issues that have come up so far, and I'll release a fixed version tomorrow assuming nobody else reports problems.
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote