Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Deathdealer

Old November 11th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Wagyu/Jim,

If you're having problems with it in Program Files (x86) install it instead to Program Files in the Common Files folder or directly to C as mine did.
I'm having no problems with it in C, and I run Win7 64 bit as well.

Sorry, I barely skimmed through your post and began typing how I found my ddidownloader.exe file.

Last edited by Deathdealer; November 11th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
Deathdealer is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Installing to "Program Files" instead of "Program Files (x86)" won't make any difference. Windows 7 has the convention of putting 64-bit applications in "Program Files" and 32-bit applications in "Program Files (x86)". Since I didn't know which O/S you were running, I didn't clarify this little detail.

At this point, I'm guessing the easiest alternative is to uninstall and reinstall in the default folder ("c:\herolab"). Remember, you'll also need to move all the 4E downloaded data into the proper folder for the new install. There might be a way to get this sorted out, but it's going to be difficult without having access to your computer to check lots of stuff and "follow the breadcrumbs" to a solution.

Unless you make substantive changes to your computer, the licensing mechanism should report the "identity" for your computer every time. So uninstalling and then reinstalling should work smoothly. It will simply look like to our server like you're reinstalling the product on the same computer as before - which is exactly what you're doing.

We should have this all sorted out in the next feature update of Hero Lab (V3.7). However, until then, this combination of variables is an Achilles heel for the product. I'm sorry you ran into it, and hopefully everything will run smoothly once you do the reinstall. <fingers crossed>
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
oridyne

Old November 13th, 2010, 01:42 AM
After updating to the latest 4e I have tried over the last day to update the data files using ddidownloader but each time I try most of the progress markers show the !

is there a problem with the downloader / Wizards site or am I just hitting a busy period ?
oridyne is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
davidthegnome2003

Old November 13th, 2010, 04:45 AM
I know there have been problems with wizards site over the past few days as they prepare to change over to their silverlight apps.
davidthegnome2003 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
oridyne

Old November 15th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
3 Nov 2010: Wizards of the Coast announced yesterday that starting November 16 the Character Builder program included with every D&D Insider subscription would be moving online. The Character Builder allows players to create characters of any level using the most up-to-date version of the Dungeons & Dragons rules. The previous version of the Character Builder was a downloadable application for PCs.
I am still having issues downloading (More ! than . appearing), I was curious is this annoucement by Wizards will have an effect on hero-labs ability to download updates going forward?

Cheers..
oridyne is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hero Lab doesn't download character builder's data.

Hero Lab parses the compendium and downloads its contents (more or less) and converts them to something it can use (more or less).

The only thing that will affect HL is when WotC screws with the compendium, which they seem to do on a frequent basis.

But when they do, LoneWolf is quit to release an updated down loader to handle it.
cryptoknight is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Wagyu

Old November 15th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Just thought I'd post an update. Moving Hero Lab to the root directory seems to have done the trick! However, just moving the ddidownloader data to the same relative location didn't give me access to it. I ended up needing to run the ddidownloader program again in order for Hero Lab to access the data.

It's working now though. Woo hoo!
Wagyu is offline   #17 Reply With Quote