Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daijin

Old October 4th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Patch 13.2 brought a new issue to my Hero Lab setup. It was: Out of Memory Error. It would not run unless i removed ponyfinder and AaW's Rise of the Drow. I needed it running (constant sessions via appointment x3 a week easily), so just left those removed, since they were not currently in use yet.

Patch 13.3. Out of Memory Error again... I had to remove Frog God Game's Rappan Athuk and Razor Coast before it would run again. But now character sheets have invalid errors (missing files), and I am asking if anyone else has run into the same issue.

I am the same person who figured out the too much custom content crash problem (down to the actual numbers) for Neverwinter Nights, but alas they responded (after 2 years!) too late to fix it in the final 1.69 patch.

I am asking anyone who has these files if they have run into the same issue. I have ALL of the Hero Lab files (except the Encounter ones), and the custom files mentioned above plus JBE River Nations (only custom hl file remaining plus my own 14kb custom file. I also use Shadowchemosh's Pathfinder Community Packs.

I am worried that there is no room for custom content, since each patch addon seems to require more removal of custom files.

I do not know if this is an accurate prognosis, but after constant uninstall/delete/reinstall one a time, it only fails once i add any of the custom files. Out of Memory Error.

My PC is Windows 10 64 bit, intel Core i7-4790k CPU @ 4ghz (8 cpus), 16 gig ram.

I have been e-mailing back and forth HL tech support, but am asking if anyone else has run into the same issue.
Daijin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 4th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Hi Daijin,

Can you give me your tech support case number? I am pretty sure I know the problem you're referring to, and it's already fixed in an upcoming build of Hero Lab - I'd like to be able to verify that it is indeed fixed in the next build.

Thanks for reporting this!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Daijin

Old October 4th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Case number 106687
Daijin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Daijin

Old October 5th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Is it fixed? :hopeful:
Daijin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 6th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Hi Daijin,

Based on the details you've provided, I'm 95% sure this bug will be fixed in the next release of Hero Lab. I'm hoping to get a new beta version of the product built in the next few days, which will allow us to check - when that's ready, I'll send you a copy for you to try yourself.

Thanks for your patience!
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Daijin

Old October 6th, 2016, 10:00 AM
All Righty!
Daijin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old October 7th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Colen, are you guys still doing betas of the iPad app? I haven't seen anything pop up in the TestFlight app... Thanks.
Azhrei is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Daijin, I've replied to your support request with a link to a new beta of HL - please let me know if you have any problems running it.

Azhrei, we haven't done one for a while, but we have a big release planned soon that we'll be doing some beta testing of - that will hopefully pop up sometime later this month.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Daijin

Old October 10th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Worked (replied to the email)
Daijin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
norrisr1@yahoo.com

Old October 13th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I have the same issue. I have the same custom content. Could one of you please send me the beta file to see if that will fix my issue as well. I would like to play pathfinder tomorrow, Friday, so could really use some help. I have a ticket open with lone wolf, but they have not sent me a file yet, just said that they were working on a fix.
norrisr1@yahoo.com is offline   #10 Reply With Quote