Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

armidale

Old November 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
I have been playing around with the sheet above, and I can't figure out why it is doing what it is doing in the pic I posted.
I haven't figured it out yet either. This is the same problem sebacore's sheet originally had and I believe Tasha found one way around. I had a different way around it that seems to no longer work. I'll keep looking into this.
armidale is offline   #371 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old March 26th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Armidale, any luck figuring this out? Yours is still for me the sheet to go to, but it is unworkable for the first page at this time. Wish I knew enough to help ya out.
Dragnmoon is offline   #372 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old April 6th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Armidale, any luck figuring this out? Yours is still for me the sheet to go to, but it is unworkable for the first page at this time. Wish I knew enough to help ya out.
Ok, I found a solution. New version is now released. Check it out and let me know if you find any more issues.
armidale is offline   #373 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old April 8th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Awesome! Thanks!
Dragnmoon is offline   #374 Reply With Quote
geminiosiris

Old July 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know if any exist? All the one's I really like are all for Pathfinder, but I also play d20 as well on occasion.

Thanks for the help!

Michael
geminiosiris is offline   #375 Reply With Quote
Save-vs-DM

Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
I know this is for Pathfinder, but this seemed like the best place to ask for help regarding a custom sheet for Shadowrun. Anyone willing to at least point in the direction of a good tutorial?
Save-vs-DM is offline   #376 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old October 29th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I made a short sheet that I use for a table tent. Just fold the first so it is showing, then fold up to the top of the page from the other end and then fold to the first fold.

I used Shadow's file and adjusted, taking most of the stuff out and re-sized text.

I had to change the files to txt to upload them to the board.
Attached Files
File Type: txt statblock.txt (7.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: txt output.txt (405 Bytes, 26 views)
thaX is offline   #377 Reply With Quote
Doskious

Old November 16th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I've scoured this thread and the boards... I'm looking for a way to generate output of Journal Entries (Titles, Descriptions, Game Date, Real Date, XP, and Gold Earned) to something other than a hardcopy printer or PDF document. When I generated a Plain XML Custom Output version of the portfolio, it provided the title, dates, xp and money as attributes to each individual journal tag, but listed entirely blank description tags nested beneath, so I don't know if there's a problem with my journal entries (they display fine in HL and in PDF output) or if the Plain XML custom output format explicitly tells HL to trim journal contents, or XML output of journal entries is unsupported, or what...

I've tried using other custom output types designed to generate XML files and found the same absence of Journal Description data...

Sample XML snippet:
Code:
<journal name="Wormwood Day 3 - Assault for breakfast, peppered with bravado" gamedate="47140703" realdate="20140531" xp="175" pp="0" gp="0" sp="0" cp="0" prestigeaward="0" prestigespend="0">
	<description/>
</journal>
Edit: After more thorough investigation, I've determined that the source of my problem is Hero Labs itself, in that the generation of the raw XML on a programmatic level fails to include the journal descriptions in the XML used for custom output parse. Further pursuit of customized Journal output would seem to be inappropriate in this thread as a result. Apologies.

Last edited by Doskious; November 21st, 2014 at 04:15 PM. Reason: More research pointed at a deeper problem.
Doskious is offline   #378 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 19th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doskious View Post
Edit: After more thorough investigation, I've determined that the source of my problem is Hero Labs itself, in that the generation of the raw XML on a programmatic level fails to include the journal descriptions in the XML used for custom output parse. Further pursuit of customized Journal output would seem to be inappropriate in this thread as a result. Apologies.
Has there been any movement on this? I would also like to be able to see journal entries. I've been writing up descriptions for each encounter my character has had, and a printed log of such would be very nice.

In regards to output formats, at some point I'll try building an HTML sheet with some jQuery hooks to make the page a bit more dynamic. But my time is devoted to other things and this likely won't be a high priority (since what exists works).

My thanks to everyone who has contributed!
Azhrei is online now   #379 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 19th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Has there been any movement on this? I would also like to be able to see journal entries. I've been writing up descriptions for each encounter my character has had, and a printed log of such would be very nice.

Just in case.. Journal contents are one of the standard options for "Dossiers" of output. It would not be customized, but it is pretty basic information. Have you looked at those?
Silveras is offline   #380 Reply With Quote