Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

maverick

Old April 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Hey Im looking into buying hero lab, however Im trying to find out how much it would be to purchase both WOD and D20 systems. When I click the link it says will tell you pricing it asks me for login under my license number which since I have not purchased the product yet is not possible. And I am also wondering if I buy a system license will updates such as data packs and the like be an additional cost. ex If I buy WOD I get world of darkness, armory, and VtR, would I have to pay more and if so how much more for new things like clan book info Werewolf the forsaken Mage ect. I apologize if I missed the pricing on your webpage, and thank you very much. I would like to say that I very much enjoyed the demo of it.
maverick is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 20th, 2008, 04:39 AM
At 06:29 PM 4/16/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Hey Im looking into buying hero lab, however Im trying to find out how much it would be to purchase both WOD and D20 systems. When I click the link it says will tell you pricing it asks me for login under my license number which since I have not purchased the product yet is not possible. And I am also wondering if I buy a system license will updates such as data packs and the like be an additional cost. ex If I buy WOD I get world of darkness, armory, and VtR, would I have to pay more and if so how much more for new things like clan book info Werewolf the forsaken Mage ect. I apologize if I missed the pricing on your webpage, and thank you very much. I would like to say that I very much enjoyed the demo of it.
That's a good question and we need to get that limitation addressed on the site. Here's a quick recap....

The first game system is included with the purchase price of HL. A second core game system is $20, so if you purchased HL and selected d20 as the included game system, you could purchase the WoD/VtR bundle for an additional $20. Conversely, if you selected WoD/VtR as the included game system, you could purchase d20 for $20.

Add-ons for the various game systems will be priced a bit differently. In general, add-ons will be priced in the $10-20 range, and they will depend on the volume of material included. We'll be bundling up material from multiple books in logical groupings instead of having dozens of individual data file options. For example, an add-on that included full material from a half-dozen or more books (e.g. all the VtR covenant/bloodline books) would have a higher price point than a smaller number of books. The primary metric, of course, will be the volume of material involved and the corresponding amount of work involved in creating the data files.

The core material for one WoD line as an add-on for someone who already has another one (e.g. adding CtL when you already own VtR) will ideally be less expensive than the normal entry price of $20. The exact pricing of the CtL bundle will be discussed with the folks from White Wolf on Monday, so we'll hopefully have an answer coming out of the tradeshow this week.

I hope that explanation makes sense. If you've got any questions, please ask and I'll do my best to provide a useful answer.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2008, 01:11 PM
At 05:45 AM 4/20/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
The core material for one WoD line as an add-on for someone who already has another one (e.g. adding CtL when you already own VtR) will ideally be less expensive than the normal entry price of $20. The exact pricing of the CtL bundle will be discussed with the folks from White Wolf on Monday, so we'll hopefully have an answer coming out of the tradeshow this week.
It looks like the CtL package will be priced between $10-15 for users who already have the VtR material. The exact number needs to be finalized still, but it will defintely be less than the initial buy-in for VtR/WoD. For folks who don't play VtR, they can enter with the CtL/WoD combination for $20, just like entering with VtR/WoD. If they later change their mind and want to add the VtR material, the price point will be the same $10-15 amount. The same model would apply to all subsequent WoD lines as well.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old April 28th, 2008, 04:56 AM
This is ALL very good to know! Thanks Rob!
Pollution is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 27th, 2008, 10:47 PM
At 11:47 AM 5/22/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Has the pricing been determined for additional source material for game systems you're already supporting? For example, if I already have the VtR core files, what will it cost to get the Bloodlines books?
The decision was made to focus on adding new core books for WoD (e.g. MtA, CtL, etc.) before supplemental material is added. Consequently, we haven't discussed any final numbers with White Wolf for the supplemental material yet. We *have* discussed the basic philosophy with White Wolf and obtained their approval, so I can say that the supplement material will be packaged in chunks that will go for between $10-20, with the actual cost being driven by the volume of material included. Beyond that, we haven't talk in detail with White Wolf yet, but I would imagine that all of the Bloodlines books would be made available as a single package for an amount within that range.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old August 27th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Is their any timeline on release for changling and cortex yet?
flamepulse is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
At 09:18 AM 8/27/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Is their any timeline on release for changling and cortex yet?
Those will be getting done as soon as we release the Authoring Kit in October. So Changeling should be November and Cortex in time for Christmas.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote