Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old October 8th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Have a few questions. I wanted to wait and get an answer before I went and tried to do some things, in case I could mess up something that t I couldn’t fix.
When you go is that new Topic by going To Manage/Categories or modified does it show up in other Realms you made or is it available for just that one Realm?

I’ve got a Stars Without Number Realm and I want to modify the Planetary Body Topic to have a Specific Stars Without Number modified one that has specific entry for some things that are found in the planet topics I have just for that game so I want to have entries or Atmosphere, Biosphere, etc. and have the option to select a specific type for each one.

I just want those options and any new or modified Topic Categories to just be for that realm only. Same with any new Tags or Tag Groups
Also, SWN has tags that it assign to world would it be best to set up an tags option just for the SWN specific tags.?

I'm also not sure if i need to make a separate topic just explaining what each tag means and how that would link if I do.

Can you have a blank table or partially filled out table be part of a snippet that is automatically created in category? I want to have a trade goods table and trade trouble table that you fill out for each world.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 8th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Changes to the Categories affect that Realm only... but changing the Category definition means that all new Topics of that type in that Realm will reflect those changes. When copying of Realms becomes possible later, new Realms copied from this one would have the same change.

A caveat: the Categories were "locked" in part to prevent people from making changes without acknowledging that the changes could make using the Content Market more difficult. The Content Market expects to find the standard Categories in-place. Adding is fairly safe, but changing the meaning of snippets is risky.

Note that while adding snippets and sections to the Category definition you can select whether to "Auto Add" or not.. so if you only want a snippet available, but not always added, you can do that.

Tags are up to your preference. Creating a new Tag Group will be for that Realm only (or, as before, ones copied from it when that becomes possible). Whether to use Tags, or Hybrid snippets, or Text, depends on what you think is most beneficial. If you feel like you need to have an explanation for the meaning of each, I would make them "Further Information" (or "General Mechanics") entries and use Text snippets to link to them.

Tag snippets can have a default value from the list. Text-based snippets do not have any content (so, no partial or empty tables, for example), though you could use a "scratch pad" Topic and use the "Copy Snippet to Topic" command to copy a partial table from a "workspace" Topic to somewhere else. Or, you can make a "template" Topic in your Worlds Category.. add the empty tables, and instead of using the various ways of making a New Topic in the Worlds Category.. you would use the "Duplicate in Same Category" on the template Topic to make a copy with all of the partial content in it.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old October 8th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Thanks,

that was very helpful.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #3 Reply With Quote