Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thegibbling

Old January 10th, 2016, 12:21 AM
I think this should be possible with adding "add a module" modification to a commlink then selecting Program Carrier modification. But in HL I cant select the commlink as what the agent is running on. With program carrier the agent would be permanent on the commlink so is there another way I should be adding it?
thegibbling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
thegibbling

Old January 12th, 2016, 08:51 PM
I'm guessing hero lab doesn't support this given the silence.
thegibbling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old January 13th, 2016, 04:00 AM
Probably not, since "Agent" is not a type of program in the list of programs that would be added to the program carrier. You add a program to the carrier by customizing the program carrier module, and Agent isn't in that list.

Agents are a little trickier, a quick look in the editor at the Nixdorf Sekretar shows it has a special custom tag added, key "progRuns" and value "NixdorfSek" This is probably the tag that allows it to associate with the Liebesekretar as what HL calls a "Minion."

If you want a commlink that can run an agent, looking in the editor at the Nixdorf is a good start. Maybe put in a bug/feature request?
Alistair is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old January 13th, 2016, 07:03 AM
The Nixdorf is the only one that can run an agent I believe....
adzling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2016, 07:28 AM
This is why I always ask for bugs to be reported in the bug tracking system, so that I don't miss the threads.

If the Shadowrun files are not working the way you expect, that's a potential bug, and I would really appreciate it if everyone would just report those using the bug tracking system that's linked to in a stickied thread in this forum, instead of filing them in threads where they can get lost.

At first glance I don't see anything that prevents a commlink with a program carrier from running an agent - normally commlinks can't run them because agents take a program slot, and commlinks don't normally have those, but the program carrier adds a program slot, in effect.

I'll put this on my list to investigate further. I'm not really sure the RAI was that agents were intended to be allowed on commlinks with a program carrier, but the RAW may allow it.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thegibbling

Old January 13th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Sorry. Didnt think this would qualify as a bug. Do you want me to put it in as one so there is something to track against?
thegibbling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old January 15th, 2016, 09:49 AM
You are correct I believe Mathias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
This is why I always ask for bugs to be reported in the bug tracking system, so that I don't miss the threads.

If the Shadowrun files are not working the way you expect, that's a potential bug, and I would really appreciate it if everyone would just report those using the bug tracking system that's linked to in a stickied thread in this forum, instead of filing them in threads where they can get lost.

At first glance I don't see anything that prevents a commlink with a program carrier from running an agent - normally commlinks can't run them because agents take a program slot, and commlinks don't normally have those, but the program carrier adds a program slot, in effect.

I'll put this on my list to investigate further. I'm not really sure the RAI was that agents were intended to be allowed on commlinks with a program carrier, but the RAW may allow it.
adzling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote