Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old January 26th, 2016, 08:19 PM
To clarify an above statement, Hellfrost is not precluding its own data. It is precluding data from the core rulebook. What I meant as "wrong" was that perhaps it is pointing to the core rulebook version instead of the Hellfrost version. This is an easy mistake to make, especially once you start getting settings with multiple versions. This is why I keep duplicates to a minimum, and if there is a duplicate in my data sets there better be a good reason.

This is why I don't normally share my data sets because I take those that have already been made and "cut out the crap" by making it all to use the core book as much as possible. Also I often find edges and hindrances that can be used in more than just the source setting, and these I rip from the initial source and port over to a more generic data set. My data sets are not really compatible with the downloadable versions that we share with one another. Also I have tons of house rules that I have made able to be turned on and off, but they are often intertwined with different settings, so again that limits comparability.

Now, if someone just wants to download my stuff and copy and strip from it as needed I can give a download link. They can PM me. I might answer questions about things or even port different data sets into it as I get time, but my time is fairly limited so I make no promises.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 3rd, 2016, 10:37 PM
Erich, let me take a look. That an issue I think I solved in my current work version of that Setting. Been finishing up the Super Powers Companion 2nd Edition.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 3rd, 2016, 11:55 PM
No, I was wrong. I was thinking of the Deity's signature Power, and that's in the current version.
The version of the healing power you are after is "powHHealin". I never went through and matched the names to the rules since we didn't get permission to distribute them. This was the first Setting file I ever wrote.
The names in the file use a single "H" code instead of the standard two-letter code. Hopefully, that'll make them easier to spot.
Also, for the Hellfrost files, feel free to contact me directly with issues. You have my email address...
Unfortunately, the issue with the multiple versions of the spells can't be helped, they are different. If the spell you've added isn't showing up, it's usually because it's been replaced by a version specific to that Setting, just as you suspected. You shouldn't remove the preclude, it's a drag but it's there for a reason. I agree that it can sometimes be a bit of a pain to find the right version, but that's the minor price we pay for flexibility. I'll help you out, contact me off-line, also so I can incorporate your changes into the work copy if it's something I missed (or is this a house rule you are implementing? Been a while since I played Hellfrost.)

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #13 Reply With Quote