Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

yanko128

Old February 29th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Does WoD Hero Lab support Exalted?
yanko128 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 29th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I'm afraid not.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
yanko128

Old February 29th, 2012, 06:37 PM
That's a shame, thanks for letting me know.

Are there any plans for including Exalted?
yanko128 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Not that I know of, though if Exalted were to be done, I would probably run it alot more than I currently do. Right now I run it once a year for a month or so for my hardcore players and that is pretty much it. Without software to build NPCs with I have found myself only willing to run Mortal chronicles with my players.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bodhizen

Old June 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
There is software for building characters and NPC's. Check into Anathema.

But I think that Hero Lab could do quite well for themselves if they started including some support for Exalted, since it's the largest RPG Kickstarter (to date).
Bodhizen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 31st, 2015, 02:02 PM
I have been working on an unofficial Hero Lab system for Exalted. I have all the base mechanics in place except for artifacts.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Seeker1728

Old November 20th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I have been working on an unofficial Hero Lab system for Exalted. I have all the base mechanics in place except for artifacts.
RavenX, due to recently having purchased Realm Works and loving it, I've been rather keen to get EX3E into HL, I was wondering if you would be willing to share your work like you did the Forgotten Realms data files? Also, did you use the WoD edition for HL or did you go at it from scratch?
Seeker1728 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old December 2nd, 2016, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker1728 View Post
RavenX, due to recently having purchased Realm Works and loving it, I've been rather keen to get EX3E into HL, I was wondering if you would be willing to share your work like you did the Forgotten Realms data files? Also, did you use the WoD edition for HL or did you go at it from scratch?
Just to be clear, my Exalted files are for 2e, not 3e. I have no desire to switch to 3e Exalted as I own all the 2e books for the game system. I am not willing to share the files I have done for a 3e conversion because they may not even be remotely compatible. I haven't seen 3rd edition personally and just have no desire to scrap sections of what I did for 2e to make a 3e file at this time. Sorry.

Also going to point out that my work is far from usable at this point. I still have a lot of things to actually script and a quite a few overhauls to add to the files.

Edit: June 23, 2017 The files are now much more usable due to some epiphanies I had while coding them the past few weeks. I can say that changing the files to 3e will require much more work than I've done. I have the files mostly working at this point for 2nd edition Exalted. Solar charms from the core rulebook, along with all Dragon King charms and Heroic Mortal implementation is done, I am currently on the Dragon-Blooded. Unfortunately I have no time-table for when this data will be finished. It does print character sheets and charms in a spellbook format as is, so I can use it for my games at this point. I do need to hammer out the advances which I admit may take time. I also have to hammer a few other things out such as the Health Levels. I had a problem with my old laptop and lost some of my previous work and had to recode a good bit of it. Recoding has allowed me to do things a bit more efficiently, however.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; June 23rd, 2017 at 05:53 PM.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 7th, 2017, 04:36 AM
I have finished the basic implementation of the Exalted files. I still have to implement other things from the Manuals of Exalted Power but the core implementation for Solars, Dragon-Blooded, Dragon-Kings, and mortals is finished. Sidereal colleges are also supported but not yet fully implemented.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 24th, 2017, 05:00 PM
I now have the Sidereals, Lunars, Abyssals and Infernals in. Just a few tweaks to be made to Akuma and setting up a secondary peripheral pool for certain infernal charms and I can say Infernals are done after that.

Just to be clear, it is a Separate Datafile, coded from scratch using the authoring kit. The differences between Wod and Exalted are significant enough that I couldn't just use the existing WoD files for it.

RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote