Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:20 AM
Context: Running a Play-By-eMail game in which the GM does all record keeping.
Rule set: Pathfinder.
Issue 2: Used Items vs. Normal Load
Description: The inventory tracker is geared around the "normal load" for the character. As expendable items (potions, one-shot magic items, oil, torches, etc.) are used up, the counter tracks how many are used out of the number the PC began the adventure with. It does not decrement encumbrance (if used), and if a new character sheet is printed mid-adventure, the full number of check-boxes for expendable items are printed. This can lead the player think he still has the full set, or for me to "not notice" that she is out of that resource altogether.

To manage these better, I sell the gear (at 0% price) when used and purchase replacements when the characters are able to re-stock.
Silveras is offline   #91
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Issue 3: Items in inaccessible locations are available to equip
Description: Putting items in the "Dropped to Ground" container does not un-equip them, or make them incapable of being equipped until moved to a more accessible location. Almost all other containers should have the same effect (making the item unable to be equipped), although there are a few items that simply need to be somewhere on the character to be used.
Silveras is offline   #92
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Issue 4: Only Weapons and armor check hands use
Description: If the character has a shield and weapon, he no longer has a hand free for spellcasting or to hold a torch, sunrod, or another magic item. It seems that HeroLab only checks tha availability of hands for weapons and armor, though, so it is possible to simultaneously equip several hand-held things in addition to weapon and armor.
Silveras is offline   #93
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:23 AM
Issue 5: Applying updates to more than one target
Description: When something affects more than one target, it is necessary to access each in turn and apply the update individually. It is easy to "step over" one in the list this way, especially if distracted while doing it. It is also tedious to need to do so, if the list is long. This is true both in combat, and when adding/updating Journal Entries for the characters.
Silveras is offline   #94
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
Issue 6: Tactical Console is incomplete
Description: The tactical console is good for the most part, but there are things where the counter is available in the pop-up window to increment the number used, but it is still necessary to access the detail of the character to add the adjustment that results. In those cases, it defeats the purpose of having the counter on the pop-up window in the Tactical Console.
Silveras is offline   #95
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Issue 7: Sharing Faction Vanities with new Factions
Description: When creating new Factions, we should be able to share some generic Vanities with them. However, the editor will not allow that, and it is necessary to re-create each Vanity from scratch in order to make them available to new Factions. Once that is done, they can be edited to include additional new Factions, but that process is more than a bit frustrating to me.
Silveras is offline   #96
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Issue 8: Religious Factions
Description: The Religious Faction in the Faction Guide is presented as a template from which GMs are encouraged to copy and modify. The implementation in HeroLab makes that impossible, requiring that the same Religious Faction be used (selecting the specific deity each time), or that the Editor be used to create an entire new Faction from scratch. The same applies to the "Monastery" school from Inner Sea Magic. It would be more user-friendly if there were a way in which to copy the skeletons of these to new Factions/Monasteries.
Silveras is offline   #97
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Hmm.. ok... well, I was specifically trying NOT to raise the preceding posts as new Feature Requests, and was intending them to point out rough spots. How to deal with them was to be left to the folks at Lone Wolf. It appears a moderator disagrees.
Silveras is offline   #98
Rikhavok

Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
So I create a portfolio for all of the characters in my campaign. I want to be able to grant experience to multiple characters at once. I want to be able to select which characters get it OR... I would like to be able to copy adventure's journal entries to other characters.

Maybe there is a way already, but I haven't been able to find it.
Rikhavok is offline   #99
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Silveras, Paizo has 2 hardcovers and a book of 30 prestige classes coming out in the next four months. We're not going to be able to accomplish everything else on our to-do list during that time, and we don't want any of the suggestions to get missed if we can't get to them immediately. That's why I like a single, central thread for bugs and a single thread for suggestions, to keep everything in a single place, with few other posts cluttering them up.

Last edited by Mathias; April 22nd, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
Mathias is offline   #100
Closed Thread