Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Frodie

Old February 17th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Does the Helper.Increment tag not work in 5e?

Working on the Skilled feat and it seem you have a choice of 3 skills or tools. I assume you can mix or match between the two. So I need some kind of adjustment.
Frodie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old February 18th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Ok, kind of stuck on how to proceed with the Skilled feat. This is what I have ATM. An arry with two choices of Skills or Tools. The choice gives a +3 to either to the base race (I just thought would be the most universal place to add them).

Code:
Final 11000

if (field[usrIndex].value = 1) then
hero.childfound[RaceHelper].field[cSkillMax3].value += 3
hero.childfound[RaceHelper].field[cSkCandEx3].text = "TRUE"
endif

if (field[usrIndex].value = 2) then
hero.childfound[RaceHelper].field[cToolMax3].value += 3
hero.childfound[RaceHelper].field[cTlCandEx3].text = "TRUE"
endif
And that works fine, but reading the feat it seems you can mix match the skills and tools choices for a total of 3. This is where I am stuck and not sure how to implement this. I thought about using activation within the feat, but there is only one activation choice amount field. So I thought of making two different abilities with activation amounts. And that kind of works, but no real way to balance the two so the user doesn't go beyond 3 choices max. So I am kind of stuck on the best way to move foward. Any ideas?
Frodie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 18th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Check out the weapons master feat in the repository perhaps. That lets you pick four weapons to become proficient with. One of the guys achieved that by adding in 3 feat things. He linked 2 of them to the master somehow letting you pick more than 2 options. Well above my experience with this tool but you could learn a lot I imagine from his code.
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 18th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Check out the weapons master feat in the repository perhaps. That lets you pick four weapons to become proficient with. One of the guys achieved that by adding in 3 feat things. He linked 2 of them to the master somehow letting you pick more than 2 options. Well above my experience with this tool but you could learn a lot I imagine from his code.
Allot of the extra coding I had to do to get the "extra" helper feats to appear won't be needed soon. Aaron has officially fixed that in the next release of 5e. In that case you can simply bootstrap a feat to a feat and both will get displayed when the first feat is added.

You should be able to do the same for Abilities, Skills, or really any Thing. That is often the easiest method for getting more than "two" dropdown lists to appear for a feat. As in the case of "Weapon Master" where I needed a total of 5 dropdowns.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old February 18th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Ah cool. Well I guess it would be best to wait on this for the next release.
Frodie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote