Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old July 3rd, 2015, 09:30 PM
Ah, so it's only supposed to recieve the 2 handed damage bump when it is thrown, not when it is used in melee?

In that case, instead of assigning the Helper.DamageUp tag, add 1 to the wRanDamage field. I am confident you can find an example of adding to a field's value (but remember you have to use the focus. transition first!).
Aaron is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old July 4th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Happy Fourth of July guys. From your last post I'm a little confused. You say to assign a Helper.DamageUp tag, add 1 to the wRanDamage field. I got the first part my man AndrewD2 told me to tag something. But the second part I don't understand and you tell me to go find an example but where. I know you gave me a link and I tried my best so call me ignorant newbie with the will to learn. The star shield is a melee weapon that can be used in either one-handed or two-handed. But when you throw the star shield it does 2D6 points of damage because of the magical properties. The shield gains momentum in the air and ricochets off opponents. So everything does work and works fine except when you see the damage for the throwing is 1D6 instead of 2D6. I'm crazy happy with you guys gave me and like I said to you guys that I appreciate you all.

Last edited by Sir.Nel; July 4th, 2015 at 09:50 AM.
Sir.Nel is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 6th, 2015, 06:48 AM
I said to replace assigning Helper.DamageUp with adding 1 to the wRanDamage field. In the code that I posted earlier in the thread, this is the line that assigns that Helper tag:

Code:
  perform focus.assign[Helper.DamageUp]
You can find an example of something which adds to a field by making a copy of it and looking at the eval script. Here is an eval script I copied from the barbarian's Fast Movement class special:

Code:
      ~ If we're not shown, just get out now
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

~ We need to assign our FastMove tag, because the Fleet of Foot
      ~ class ability needs to check for it soon after
      perform hero.assign[Hero.FastMove]

field[abValue].value += 10

field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " +" & field[abValue].value
      field[abSumm].text = "+" & field[abValue].value & " feet to speed, unless heavily loaded."

~ If we fail the test for being speedy, get out
      if (hero.tagis[Encumbered.Light] + hero.tagis[Encumbered.Medium] = 0) then
        perform assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
        done
        endif

~ If we fail the test for wearing Heavy Armor, get out
      if (hero.tagis[Hero.HeavyArmor] <> 0) then
        perform assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
        done
        endif

~ We passed, so add to our base speed.
      hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeed].value += field[abValue].value
Can you see where in that script a field has some value added to it (there are 2 examples)? Can you adapt that to add to the appropriate field for your shield bash item?
Aaron is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old August 2nd, 2015, 05:31 PM
I have followed your advice and made my own monsters by using other scripts from other monsters to get the job done. Now I'm trying to put in image or portrait in my .user file so when I generate my monster it comes with a portrait automatically. How can I do that?
Sir.Nel is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 2nd, 2015, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Nel View Post
I have followed your advice and made my own monsters by using other scripts from other monsters to get the job done. Now I'm trying to put in image or portrait in my .user file so when I generate my monster it comes with a portrait automatically. How can I do that?
Images are stored in the .por file not .user files. So make a new .por file for this monster and set equipment and add your image.

Then you can save multiple monsters into a single .por file. After its holding a bunch of monsters you can rename it to a .stock file. Place that file into the same place as your ,user files. This way the encounter builder will have access to these monsters.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old August 10th, 2015, 07:02 PM
What's up guys, hope you guys are doing good. I have a little problem. I'm trying to make a prestige class I'm almost finished and had no problems except one. Let me start at the beginning the requirements you need three ranks in knowledge religion, arcane and psionics. You also must manifest or cast first level psionic powers, first level arcane spells and first level divine spells. And last but not least you need a 13 in your intelligence wisdom and charisma ability scores. This prestige classes not for players is for the NPC's. The problem I'm having is that I can only blend two classes of power not three everything else works except that. Is there a way to get around this or do you have a script that I can employ need help that have a game on Saturday.
Sir.Nel is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 10th, 2015, 07:40 PM
What do you mean by blend three classes of powers? Is it combining Arcane/Divine and Psionics?
AndrewD2 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 10th, 2015, 08:04 PM
So if I am understanding you, this prestige class has it's own spellcasting, which has 3 different spell/power lists for 3 different sets of spell slots?

If that is the case, you are in luck! From the release less than 2 weeks ago:

There is now a table for Tertiary spells. It works just like the Secondary spells table, but using tags which replace "Sec" with "Ter" in their unique IDs. This was necessary for the Spirit Dancer archetype, which can allow a hero to host both the Archmage and Heirophant spirit, each of which need their own table for spells.

For relevant scripts to start you off, I would point you at the Archmage Arcana and Divine Surge abilities of those spirits. All this content is from Occult Adventures, so if you don't have access to that I can paste the code here, but I'd rather not. It's a loooong bit of code because each is manipulating different cells of a matrix, and the important bit that you need to know is the unique ID of the matrix field which stores the 2nd and 3rd spells. That is cCastTot (primary spells), cSecTot (secondary spells), and cTerTot (for tertiary spells). Similarly, the candidate expression fields for those are cSpellExpr/cSplScExpr/cSplTeExpr
Aaron is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old August 10th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
What do you mean by blend three classes of powers? Is it combining Arcane/Divine and Psionics?
yes you right, Arcane/Divine and Psionics.
Sir.Nel is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old August 11th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Sometimes I have a problem explaining myself I used the wrong terminology and sometimes I make myself and others believe that we on the same page. When I explained to you about my prestige class, I assumed that I made myself clear but reading that the stuff I wrote it makes sense to me either. Let's assume the NPC makes the requirements and has one level in wizard, one level in Psion and two levels in Cleric. When he takes the prestige class and goes open level in that class I want the prestige class to behave by giving each class I don't know what to call it a level of manifesting and casting very similar to Mystic Theurge and Cerebremancer . Almost saying that the proceeds class that am designing is a hybrid of the two. There is a place that you can check on the class tab “Double Extra Magic Levels” and under this “Extra Level Restrictions” and under that “2nd Extra Level Restrictions”. And my problem is I need a third slot or away to go around this. Last night's little tired so when I read your post I assumed that by buying Occult Adventures for $9.99 it should waited for this morning but us the way the cookie crumbs it's nobodies fault of minds. With this new information I hope you can help me out.
Sir.Nel is offline   #30 Reply With Quote