Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mindcloud

Old May 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Mathis is there any reason why you didn't or why you couldn't create a dragon as a monster class. I.E as you add the mc HD you script for ability's gained, spell levels ect...?
Mindcloud is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Monster classes are a 3.5 concept from an optional book (and the book isn't OGL), so it's not appropriate to use that for official material unless Paizo creates their own version - the dragons in the Bestiary project are constructed according to the monster creation rules in the back of the Bestiary.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 5th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Kinda but they are built as you add more HD things change accordingly to the changes

Couldnt you create the youngest form of each dragon and have things change as you add HD to it?
Virtue is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old May 5th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Kinda but they are built as you add more HD things change accordingly to the changes

Couldnt you create the youngest form of each dragon and have things change as you add HD to it?
Yeah that was what I was thinking/wanting.
Mindcloud is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old May 5th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Monster classes are a 3.5 concept from an optional book (and the book isn't OGL), so it's not appropriate to use that for official material unless Paizo creates their own version - the dragons in the Bestiary project are constructed according to the monster creation rules in the back of the Bestiary.
I see are there any architectural limitations of HL I might run into if I wanted to attempt it?

Also I think I have found a bug. When I enter the values for an array in the editor it will not let me type a minus(-). It also removes any zeros in a array field when I save. Which is a problem for a dragon's dexterity progression.

edit: So spell levels are not available any chance we could get those added to the monster class'?

Last edited by Mindcloud; May 5th, 2010 at 08:52 PM.
Mindcloud is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
solscar

Old October 17th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
I see are there any architectural limitations of HL I might run into if I wanted to attempt it?

Also I think I have found a bug. When I enter the values for an array in the editor it will not let me type a minus(-). It also removes any zeros in a array field when I save. Which is a problem for a dragon's dexterity progression.

edit: So spell levels are not available any chance we could get those added to the monster class'?
Any movment on the above???
solscar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 18th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Sorry, haven't had time to work on monster classes to add the spellcasting capability. It's still on my list, but there are so many other things on my to-do list that I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to this.

The minuses and zeroes bugs for arrays should have been solved a few months ago, if I remember correctly.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote