Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

NeoEvaX

Old October 8th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenderbard View Post
I'm a little uncomfortable that the open beta sign up didn't seem to star out my password when I signed up for it. Are our passwords not going to be encrypted?
Late last night I tweeted at them letting them know. I got a reply. So they are aware. Mostly its just a feeling of security, like people have said. Still its been a long time since I typed my password in and saw it on the page. My heart skipped a beat till I remembered it's not really too big a deal.

Either way I hope they fix it. Good habit to have.
NeoEvaX is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old October 8th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I read through the FAQ and signed up for the beta last night. If they deliver on the promised features it could be everything I was hoping for HLC in the beginning (regarding group play features, combat manger, party inventory, etc). I did still have 2 questions that I didn't see directly answered in the FAQ:

1) Will HLO still have the same customization ability for house rules via the editor as HLC? Ideally, will existing HLC .1st and .user files still work with HLO? I would hate to have to reproduce the Gestalt pack and numerous Homebrew customizations on another platform.

2) HLO will use account based login, but the FAQ also said it would still have support for secondary licenses. Will the secondary license users each have their own login (ie. 1 login per primary or secondary license) or will secondary license users share the primary license login account?

I am looking forward to seeing what HLO has to offer and can't wait to get some hands on time.
Valdacil is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 8th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
1) Will HLO still have the same customization ability for house rules via the editor as HLC? Ideally, will existing HLC .1st and .user files still work with HLO? I would hate to have to reproduce the Gestalt pack and numerous Homebrew customizations on another platform.
The editor is coming for HLO but its going to be "after" the initial release of HLO & Starfinder. The underlying HL script is not changing in anyway except for UI scripts (which few people in the community do). As far I understand only UI scripts will not work in HLO. This will affect the Pathfinder Community Pack. Hopefully I get up to speed with the new UI script logic quickly. On the good side it could also mean some new community features.

For other game systems the Things you have scripted into .user/.1st files will work without modifications once the game system goes to HLO.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Turjan

Old December 5th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Any news on a Pathfinder for HLO release date?
Turjan is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 6th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turjan View Post
Any news on a Pathfinder for HLO release date?
No new news, I am afraid. We still plan to address other systems once Starfinder is out and stable, and as that is still in Beta, so it will be a while.
Aaron is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old December 12th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
No new news, I am afraid. We still plan to address other systems once Starfinder is out and stable, and as that is still in Beta, so it will be a while.
Any chance for a Christmas expanded beta invite? I am still waiting and would love to get my hands on it and play with it and how it works with Realmworks.

Jlong05

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 12th, 2017, 10:45 PM
It doesn't work with Realm Works yet. It's just player creation and management.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old December 13th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
It doesn't work with Realm Works yet. It's just player creation and management.
No time like the present to start looking at that though.

Honestly, I just want to get my hands into it to see how the player stuff works also. I have a gaming group looking to actually start the AP for Starfinder in January and having a tool in place with access would allow me to test my players and the tool at the same time.

I know I haven't seen anything in the Realmworks forums for Starfinder, but I have started converting a Pathfinder Realm to Starfinder. Its slow going, but making headway. Unless someone yells that they already did that legwork....

jlong05

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old December 19th, 2017, 02:48 PM
I have a question about the custom content for HLO, and I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but after 8 searches, and reading 30 pages of forum posts, I'm ready to just come out at ask it again.

I do not doubt that an editor for custom content will be implemented... eventually (just like custom calendars for RW). And as one who spent years copy/pasting coding to slowly learn, I'd be glad if I did not have to learn a new coding language. However the question comes down to all the content we have already done and if/how it will be added to our HLO account. Will we be able to upload/download our data and por files or are we going to have to recreate any/all content we want to utilize in both HLC and HLO?
Nightfox is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 19th, 2017, 10:21 PM
@Nightfox: They have stated that coding for HLO will work pretty much the same way as it does in Classic.
How it will be added? No idea - but there's no reason for it to be any different than it is now. I don't think that LW have answers that specific themselves yet.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #80 Reply With Quote