Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

howardb3

Old October 4th, 2019, 06:06 AM
I've already reported this as a bug, but I'm wanting to make sure it's not just me. Is anyone else having issue where you cannot import / load any portfolios in the iPad Hero Lab app after updating to the new13.x iPadOS?

I know that they have indicated that Apple changed the rules concerning publishing an update on their app store.

Right now I'm basically dead in the water, short of manually recreating characters in the app.

Just looking for some community confirmation.

Thanks
howardb3 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old October 12th, 2019, 07:18 AM
I'm running the 13.2 beta on my iPad and I just imported a por file from my Dropbox with no problem. You need to give more details such as the failure point of your import. Also have you made sure that your pathfinder dataset is equally up to date on both?
LazarX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
genozoic

Old October 12th, 2019, 12:25 PM
I too am having this issue. After I click "Import Portfolio" all the .por files are grayed out and inaccessible. It appears as its not recognizing .por as a valid file type. I have tried reading through Dropbox, the iPad's local storage, and a few other storage apps to the same result.

After reading it the post of it working on 13.2 beta I updated to that version and even reinstalled Hero Lab, updated the Pathfinder dataset, and found that didn't work as well.
genozoic is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zenfist

Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:56 AM
I too am having difficulties. I used to be able to get it from Drive or iCloud, then I had to email the file to myself and import it that way, now even that isn't working.
Zenfist is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hendel

Old October 29th, 2019, 09:52 PM
Is there a solution for this yet?

I used to be able to click on an attached .por file on an email and select open with Herolab and it would open the app and I could save it on my iPad. Now Hero Lab is no longer an option.

Even if I save it to Dropbox, I cannot get it into Hero Lab.

In Hero Lab there is no import option.

We need to be able to somehow import our existing .por files into Hero Lab on the Ipad. Does Lone Wolf have a solution?
Hendel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 29th, 2019, 11:30 PM
It is best for all of you to submit bug reports, then LWD will have a better idea as to how many people are affected.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old October 30th, 2019, 05:45 PM
I have not had this issue on my iPad Mini 4 after updating to latest iOS 13. Successfully copied over a portfolio I had saved on my Google Drive just last night.
Krothos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Harrek

Old November 6th, 2019, 10:41 AM
I have this exact same problem. Brought our weekly Pathfinder session to a complete end because I could not get the portfolios I worked on imported in. I tried dropbox, google drive, icloud, and local on my iPad. None of them worked and all had the portfolios greyed out. I am up to date on Hero Lab and iPadOs on my iPad. It's the last year iPad pro.
Harrek is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
howardb3

Old November 13th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It is best for all of you to submit bug reports, then LWD will have a better idea as to how many people are affected.
I've submitted the bug twice and I've never had the response automated or otherwise.

I've always given LWD the benefit of the doubt when it comes to software issues but at this point the iPad app is dead to me. And it makes me sad because I really like the app.

howardb3 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old November 14th, 2019, 05:51 AM
BJ stated in another thread that Apple is not authorizing the next update. LWD is working with Apple to find a fix for the issue

My guess is that the LWD code has come afoul of Apple's new security requirements
Tekwych is offline   #10 Reply With Quote