Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old January 8th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Couldn't find any tutorials on it. I get the feeling it's a great tool to use, but I would need something to help guide me through. Anyone know a simple synopsis about using this tab?
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 9th, 2019, 07:42 AM
Configurables add their own tab to the character, and have a bunch of different tables which can be used for different things.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old January 9th, 2019, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Configurables add their own tab to the character, and have a bunch of different tables which can be used for different things.
Thanks Aaron, I was hoping that was the case. Do you know of any tutorials that guide you through its use?
Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 9th, 2019, 09:20 AM
I'm not aware of any tutorials. Is there some element in the editor which isn't clear to you?
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old January 10th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I'm not aware of any tutorials. Is there some element in the editor which isn't clear to you?
Hi Aaron, Happy New Year. Nothing is any more unclear to me than anything else on the Configurable tab It's just completely new to me, and I'm not sure how to get started. Is there a class ability in Pathfinder that I can copy and explore? What are some examples of Configurables?
Bob G is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 10th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Well, does anything come up when you try Add (copy)?
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 10th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Hi Aaron, Happy New Year. Nothing is any more unclear to me than anything else on the Configurable tab It's just completely new to me, and I'm not sure how to get started. Is there a class ability in Pathfinder that I can copy and explore? What are some examples of Configurables?
The Amateur Gunslinger feat uses a configurable; you can take a look at that. And since I know you have Spheres of Power, you can also look at Hedgewitch Traditions. I used configurables with those because that class can borrow custom abilities from so many other classes via Traditions that the five "slots" a class chassis provides for custom ability types wasn't sufficient. Offloading each Tradition's custom selections to a configurable solved that problem, which is a good example of what configurables can do for you.
TheIronGolem is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 14th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
The animal companion of hunters gets a configurable which is set up by scripts on the master, so that could be a good example of a configurable which is dynamic rather than static at creation.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote