Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old December 2nd, 2017, 11:34 AM
Had a question and want to wait to ask before doing anything.
I want to make a separate realms for the current 3 official free content downloads. One for each import, just to have to as reference /tutorial purposes but I want to know how much by doing this will my Master Realm size as I read that imports can add a big bloat and my hard drive space is limited.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 2nd, 2017, 12:01 PM
I've imported 3 if the 4, after doing a compress of my DB and my DB is 370M and that includes 2 realms which are themselves rather substantial in size with lots of images.

I haven't looked at the newest free realm too much but of the 3 released first 2 are pretty small and Isle of Kandril really has relatively little content so I don't think importing any of them will really bloat your DB that much. If you're really tight on space compress your DB before you do any imports and after each Import. That should keep your DB as small as possible.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old December 3rd, 2017, 11:24 PM
I am looking forward to have separate database per realm, not just single huge one... and the master DB keeping the local preference and other app-wide information.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old December 4th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Thank, got them imported last night. I did a back up before getting started, compressed next, made 4 new Realms for each 3 Pathfinder & 1 5e and imported the content, compressed again. Master Realm is 158MB larger now. I was at 250MB with 2 big Realms and some blank realms that were reserved for latter.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #4 Reply With Quote