Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Cornelius

Old November 9th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Rob speaks straight. I know, I know, it's sometimes fun to "read into" what he says and try to tease out more information than he's willing to divulge. But in the end, he says exactly what he means and he strives to fulfill what he says. He doesn't spout hyperbole and he doesn't stroke egos. I have great respect for him and LWD.

Rob -- Please don't stop keeping us informed. We value your insights, your vision and your guidance as we all try to wrap our heads around the future of gaming. I know it's hard to handcraft every response to say exactly what you mean. RW is hard too.... We need you as part of this community, not just as a programmer. We need you.
I second that as well. As for all the wild guesses that are circling around the forum: I ignore most of it as over simplification, extreme views, uninformed opinions.
All I read in your post was: LWD will try to make the web version as good as the desktop version.
Cornelius is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Talley Darkstar

Old November 13th, 2016, 07:54 AM
So my question is when will the Account Upgrade be available? I know I can create a new account and purchase the GM Edition, but I'm not wanting to create a new account. That holds more value to me at this point than the Content Market. Please say when the Content Market is released, this will be available.
Talley Darkstar is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 13th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talley Darkstar View Post
So my question is when will the Account Upgrade be available? I know I can create a new account and purchase the GM Edition, but I'm not wanting to create a new account. That holds more value to me at this point than the Content Market. Please say when the Content Market is released, this will be available.
This should be available in conjunction with the Content Market release next month.
rob is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old November 14th, 2016, 03:59 AM
Sweet - have a player with player edition that says he is just waiting to upgrade.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Talley Darkstar

Old November 16th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
This should be available in conjunction with the Content Market release next month.
Nice! Glad to hear it, been waiting since I bought the Player's Edition.
Talley Darkstar is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
AutoDMC

Old November 21st, 2016, 07:28 AM
Howdy.

I'm quite happy to see export functionality coming, as that has historically been the biggest sticking point for me using RealmWorks. My question is, what format exports are available? Will it be able to dump out PDFs or plain text? Structured data like XML or an open SQL format like Sqlite? Or is it a binary blob for import into another RealmWorks package?
AutoDMC is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 21st, 2016, 10:20 AM
ignore me.
Farling is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
DaFranker

Old November 21st, 2016, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDMC View Post
Howdy.

I'm quite happy to see export functionality coming, as that has historically been the biggest sticking point for me using RealmWorks. My question is, what format exports are available? Will it be able to dump out PDFs or plain text? Structured data like XML or an open SQL format like Sqlite? Or is it a binary blob for import into another RealmWorks package?
Hey! Rob has previously confirmed an XML format and an XSD for us with all the specifications of how the data is organized in XML (so we can dive in and edit it using external tools).

No other specific format has been confirmed yet IIRC. However, enterprising community coders will most likely write some scripts that will convert this into other formats, like splitting it up into straight webpages, wiki pages, pretty PDF displays, etc. There's already been some talk about it and we've seen at least two people in the forums who started practicing their XML-to-HTML in advance already
DaFranker is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 21st, 2016, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDMC View Post
I believe all of the answers you're seeking will be found in the news update we posted last week (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56988). That update outlines the different export formats that we'll be initially supporting. If you still have questions after reading through that news update, please don't hesitate to ask them. I just don't want to be repeating lots of stuff that's already been posted in another thread.
rob is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
AutoDMC

Old November 22nd, 2016, 08:26 AM
It's like Christmas in December!

XML export was THE feature holding me back from using RealmWorks, and honestly I'd stopped using it a year and a half ago because of that lack. In point of fact, my forum history here is not amongst my proudest achievements due specifically for the Export feature. (Personal problems, took it out on the Lone Wolf Team, they were the "bigger man").

I'd do a search every few months to see if Export had made it in and, finding nothing, move on to whatever other projects I was working on. It was only yesterday, finding this thread through my every-few-monthly-Google-searches that I saw the magical word. Boy was I excited! Thank you for bringing this necessary feature to me. I can't wait to go home and start flailing away at the software, porting my handwritten notes into the software.

Thanks to rob, DaFranker, and Farling for laying out the XML export and pointing me to the details post that for some reason Google failed to point me at instead pointing me at this update post.
AutoDMC is offline   #110 Reply With Quote