Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I love this program, but I have a problem with the printed character sheets it generates. To begin with, the design is slightly ungainly and disorganized - all text fonts and objects could possibly be slightly smaller. My 11th level character's skills end up split on two pages with the second part buried under weapons stats. Weapons stats also end up split, which isn't unusual, but they also end up end the opposite column in which they start. It can be somewhat confusing when having to read quickly.

I get that many people using this might primarily use it on a laptop at their gaming table, but I unfortunately do not have that luxury. I've ended up using PCGen more often because the sheets are better designed, but I'd prefer to use Herolab because it's simply easier to edit and more intuitive to use.

I do understand the limits on your time and appreciate all you all do, but may I please plead for a better-organized sheet?
Kinnakeeter is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
thegneech

Old March 1st, 2010, 06:55 AM
On the topic, I'd like to request a stat block output. (Of course, it may be in there and I just haven't found it yet ... still looking!)

One other thing ... is there some way to force javelins to be calculated as ranged weapons? They seem to come up on the sheet as melee weapons.

Thanks!

-The Gneech

PS: I'd also like a pony.
thegneech is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 1st, 2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions on the character sheet. I'll keep them in mind for when I do get to work on the character sheet.

The statblock is in the file menu, "output active hero summary".

Proper calculations for ranged weapons are on my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old March 1st, 2010, 10:01 AM
This one is big on my wish list as well. As well as equipment output for player handouts. I am used to and like having 8 page plus char sheets!
Mindcloud is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TopCat

Old March 1st, 2010, 12:14 PM
On the subject of output sheets, I'd like to put in a request to be able to print a cleric/druid/paladin/ranger "spellbook". Essentially the ability to print a complete list of spells castable by a cleric, druid, paladin, ranger, etc. - any class who has access to all spells but must prepare them.

The reason being that I DM a group of 6-8 players and I maintain a record of everyone's character sheets. We only have 3 rule books between the whole group so it's useful for all casters to have a complete list of all the spells available to them without having to resort to the rulebook all the time.
TopCat is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Old March 1st, 2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks for your fast response. Like Mindcloud I'm used to having 7 or 8 pages of more detailed information. While I realize that might not be as feasible for you in the near future, any effort at streamlining the sheets is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
Kinnakeeter is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old March 1st, 2010, 02:47 PM
We should probably give Mathis some example's for future reference. I am sure that he won't be able to incorporate everything but having something to go by is better than "Make it better!"

Here is a example

The Effects table on page 3 of the mad-irishman's sheet are great.
http://www.mad-irishman.net/pubs/MI_...DCharSheet.pdf
Mindcloud is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Old March 1st, 2010, 04:59 PM
Good idea. Here's a sample of PCGen's output for a sample cleric for Pathfinder RPG as well as the blank character sheet from an excel sheet I often use.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cleric.pdf (33.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: pdf Pathfinder-sCoreGen - page 1.pdf (31.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf Pathfinder-sCoreGen page 2.pdf (54.6 KB, 8 views)
Kinnakeeter is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old March 1st, 2010, 06:36 PM
TopCat Are the spell-book dossiers that are already in place not what you are looking for?
Mindcloud is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 1st, 2010, 09:03 PM
When I output my cleric's spell list, it only prints those spells that he has prepared for the day. Spells that aren't prepared don't appear.
FifthWanderer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote