Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old August 11th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I have just recently gotten Savage Worlds and the expansion for Herolab. I am new to using Herolab for Savage Worlds, but not new to using Hero Lab (I have done quite a bit with Mutants and Masterminds).

I have realized that while the Herolab Editor shows the data for the Android race, it does not show up on the selection menu when actually choosing a character's race. Admittedly I am new to having race as an option for Hero Lab, but I coudl see no obvious reasons for it to not show up. I would think that three would be some error, maybe in its racial abilities, but I woulf think that this might show up as an error and it would tell me about it. I would fix it but I can't figure out what is wrong
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM
To see anything other than base human, you'll need to click the Show Races check box under Miscellaneous Options in the Configure Hero window.
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 12th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks. I did that, and I can see all of the races except for Android
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old August 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I was just heading to sleep when I saw this.

I just started up Hero Labs, picked Savage Worlds, and in the Configure your Hero box, I selected only Show Races and the Android shows up as an option.

So under normal circumstances it should show up.

Have you modified any data files?
Gumbytie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM
How weird. I haven't made any user files yet. I have installed the newest version, along with the three add-ons of Horror, Fantasy, and Supers. I can see Angel. Turning off the Creatures of the Night does not make Android appear. The only other thing that I can think of is the other Configure Hero settings. I will have to go through them and see if it appears for me.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Android would be blocked if either Fantasy Companion or Explorer's Edition are selected...
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 13th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Aaah, it works now. The naughty Fantasy Companion did it. I figured that an Android in a Fantasy setting would be a Golem. <shrug> But thank you very much for figuring that out for me!
SeeleyOne is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Attached is a user file that can be put in your Savage directory where the other user files go. Since I am lazy, I made a link in ny Savage Worlds folder to this target "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\savage"

It allows you to use the Android, even when you have Fantasy Companion marked on the list from Configure Hero.
Attached Files
File Type: email allow_android.user (4.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by SeeleyOne; August 23rd, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
SeeleyOne is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Evilralph1

Old September 24th, 2014, 10:35 PM
I don't mean to bump up such an old topic, but I can't seem to get the Android race up. And I don't see any of the things that you guys are saying pop up in the Configure Hero menu. Did something drastic change during any of the updates that would have this be selected some place else?
Evilralph1 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old September 26th, 2014, 11:02 AM
No, but if there's an error in one of your .user files, none of them will load. Do you get any kind of messages when the Savage Worlds module is started? We haven't released an update in a while, although one is working it's way through the release process as we speak.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote