Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:23 PM
FWIW: my guess for the two most popular usage patterns for Realm Works are:

GM develops and runs completely from one machine.

GM develops primarily on one machine, syncs to second machine, runs from second machine (making limited amounts and types of changes), syncs back to first machine.

It'd be easy for LWD to see (based on syncs from different machine IDs to a cloud account). I'm just going from "how many computers do most folks use" and "how many campaigns do most folks run". :)

Last edited by Parody; February 24th, 2016 at 01:31 PM.
Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 24th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I believe you're grossly simplifying things with your final conclusion above. Everything you said up to that point was sound, but that conclusion is NOT what users should walk away thinking. Since at least some already have, I need to clarify here, as the assertion will be misleading to others who don't have all the technical background and understanding that you've got.
My apologies. This reminds me that you've requested in the past for us to refrain from technical explanations for this very reason. I'll try to remember that from now on.
EightBitz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old February 24th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Even given what Rob says, I would still recommend having a copy of your Realm backed-up externally. I've got a 1 TB backup plan with SpiderOak, so all my *.realm files, both the active one and the auto-backups are backed up to the cloud. I also perform manual backups of my Realm before upgrades or any attempts at major reorganization.

Even with all that, I loose time/data now and then by making some changes I later regret, followed by changes I want to keep. Bad planning and workflow can mess with the best back-up strategies. :-)

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #13 Reply With Quote