Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

daddystabz

Old June 26th, 2011, 03:01 PM
With the ruleset I keep checking the option for your Defense to show the inherent 10 base to your Defense score but even though I check this option to enabled it never shows on my character. Is this a currently well known bug?

Please help. I'd love a fix for this please.

Here is a link to my character at: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...iZjgw&hl=en_US

Is it displaying Defense with the inherent 10 to all defenses or as just the bonuses?

Last edited by daddystabz; June 26th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
daddystabz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 26th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Indeed, it does not seem to work, either for character sheets or for the dossier. I suspect this was an option carried over from 2E that didn't get properly upgraded.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old June 30th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I think because you're using Dodge as both a passive defense and as your "Reflex Save" now, disabling the ability to do this was important for clarity. I don't see why it wasn't removed from the options list, however.
Shadowchaser is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old June 30th, 2011, 03:14 PM
It should be re-enabled as an option because it confuses players that are new to the system. I have several new players in our upcoming M&M 3e game and I'm trying to explain this to them. They could simply include a note explaining how your reflex save is made under the dodge entry on your character sheet.
daddystabz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old June 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddystabz View Post
It should be re-enabled as an option because it confuses players that are new to the system. I have several new players in our upcoming M&M 3e game and I'm trying to explain this to them. They could simply include a note explaining how your reflex save is made under the dodge entry on your character sheet.
But if it displays as 10 ranks higher than normal, they're going to think they roll a d20 and add it to that. Which you don't. You roll a d20 and add it to the base bonus value.
Shadowchaser is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old June 30th, 2011, 09:50 PM
There should be a separate entry for Dodge as a reflex defense vs. AoEs. In that spot it should display normally and in your normal passive defenses it should display with the inherent base 10. This seems like something easy to code to me.
daddystabz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote