Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

chaoscowboy

Old April 8th, 2017, 12:08 AM
Hello, I'm back with more questions. I've decided to take a crack at converting some of Legendary Game's adventure path additions to Iron Gods, and there's a neat little wizard archetype that has some abilities that are kind of cool. It gets favored terrain (underground) and as a selectable ability every 3 levels, one of the options increases that bonus. Here's the issue I'm at.

I bootstrap favored terrain (underground) with an ability at the right level. Ok that's solid. It works. Then, I've fiddled with the script on the ability that increases the bonus. I've gone with the following:

hero.child[ftUndergro].field[abValue].value += 2

Problem is the little manual upgrade option still shows it as 2 rather than 4 once this ability has been upgraded once. The script says I'm unable to change abUser which is the other field that holds the value.
chaoscowboy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old April 8th, 2017, 01:55 AM
Are these custom ability selections?
Where is it bootstrapped? On the archetype or the ability you are working?
What timing are you running that script at?
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old April 8th, 2017, 07:32 AM
The Terrain mastery is a custom ability that can be selected as the delver's quaternary ability. That's where the code above is found, set at Post-Levels, 1000 (sort of picked on a whim I still don't fully know which phase to use for what).

The favored terrain itself is bootstrapped on Deep Delver, a class ability gained at level 3; bootstrapped ID ftUndergro .
chaoscowboy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 8th, 2017, 08:40 AM
If I was doing this I would not bootstrap the ftUndergro ability. I would setup the archetype to allow the selection of Favored Terrains with upgrades at the correct level.

Then you have two options:
1) Allow selecting of all Favored Terrains but have an ability on the archetype do a pre-req check for ftUndergro. If not found show an error that selecting ftUndergro is required.

2) Change the cFav2Expr field to only allow the selection of thingid.ftUndergro.

Option 1 is preferred because it allows a gamer/group to get around the requirement of Underground as the only option if they wish. Option 2 is more restrictive and does not allow for a DM to override the selection if they wish.

Then to do "upgrades" you want to work with a Resource. Specifically resTerrUpg. That allows upgrades of +2 to be given when you want.

Trying to "force" logic around the Favored Terrain/Enemy logic in HL is not going to work really well.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old April 8th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Thank you Chemosh. The favored terrain and enemies thing I noticed is kind of complicated.

However under the archetype I was not able to find any options for Favored Terrain. I saw under class there was such a thing but not under archetype. So I don't know if it will be that easy.
chaoscowboy is offline   #5 Reply With Quote