Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tatteredking

Old October 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Runepunk allows two of it's AB's, RuneCasting and Inventor to take, in essence, additional AB's, Demonologist and Chemist. I'm attempting to code these and am thinking there isn't a direct way to do it.

Is there a way to take more than one AB?
tatteredking is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old October 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I'd like to know the answer to that as other rules sets also allow the use of more than one ab. but so far I have had no luck with this one.

Alvin Leadbetter
www.rpden.net
Praetor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 23rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
OK, I think I can actually answer this one now. I think it would take a major revision of the code to handle multiple Arcane Backgrounds.

What other Settings use multiple AB's?

Last edited by CapedCrusader; December 30th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old January 1st, 2012, 09:16 AM
RunePunk for one. I've found a work around for it. I have to go back and check if I figured it completely out or not.

Example: There are three AB's in RunePunk, Runecasting, Inventor and ShadowPriest. The Runecasting AB opens up the option to take a second AB; Demonology. The Inventor AB opens up the option to take a second AB: Chemist. These second AB's allow use of an expanded list of powers, as well as other options.

As I said, I think I found a work-around, but haven't worked on the files much, as I have been waiting to see what the major update does. Not sure how it will impact my files.

Thanks for all your work, man!
tatteredking is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Given your updated description of how the second AB is essentially a superset of the first AB, I *think* this can be solved within the current code framework without a major revision. CapedCrusader and I will discuss this during the upcoming week to make sure I'm not smoking something here and then one of us will get back to you. So stay tuned on this....
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old January 6th, 2012, 06:24 AM
RunePunk is one instance. I believe there are other systems that allow you to take two ABs....such as Miracles and Psionics. I can't speak to those, though
tatteredking is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM
So, tell me a little bit about this. Actually, tell me a lot.
What exactly does the second Arcane Background give the character, over and above what they already have? What are the actual effects? I'm curious to know what all it might take to support this.
CapedCrusader is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old January 19th, 2012, 03:13 AM
In RunePunk it is fairly easy. I've already coded it.

There are two AB's that allow "expansions". Runecaster allows you to 'take a second AB", Demonology. Inventor allows you to do the same with Chemistry. They basically allow access to a new set of powers, extra power points, and in the case of Chemist, a new method of using powers.

Other settings actually let you take two separate AB's, like Faith and Psionics.

What I did for RunePunk, is add ALL the powers accessible to Runecaster and Demonologist, to the Runecaster, but put Eval Scripts in the powers only useable when you have the Demonologist Edge. Same for Chemist and Inventor.

Adding additional powers and power points was easy enough.

So, for RunePunk, I've got it working. But I know there are other settings where two are allowed that would not be so easy.
tatteredking is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Titanhoss

Old January 31st, 2012, 07:13 AM
Plus aren't there some Races out there that come with an AB, and the character may want to take a regular AB outside of race?? (IE a race with AB:Psionics wanting to take AB:Alchemy, or AB:Miracles)
Titanhoss is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old February 6th, 2012, 03:38 AM
I am not familiar with those, titanhoss, but there are also many settings I don't have.
tatteredking is offline   #10 Reply With Quote