Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MNBlockHead

Old April 22nd, 2015, 07:10 PM
I assume that the Web-based players access will only be available to those who have the cloud service. That could be worth it and for me is more important than the content marketplace. My group meets for long sessions, but only once a month, so it would be nice to give everyone access to info from prior sessions without them all having to buy and install the players edition—especially those that would prefer to access it on the Mac or, more likely, and iPad.

I like the cloud sync for backup but I don't know that 24 a year is worth it. I use SpiderOak for cloud backup and there are other great and cheap products like Crash Plan that can back up your data to the cloud and even synch via shared directories.

It is an interesting business model to charge people access to your store. If it were my company, I would give free access to the content store, because I want people to buy content. If they buy over $X amount in content, I would throw in a year's worth of web-based players view and sync/online backup.
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote