Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

stargazer_dragon

Old July 16th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Post # 35 showed Raw and #36 showed fractional numbers anyhows

For the most part I am just doing my best to show the math break down of both the Raw and the fractional. I honestly prefer the fractional simply because it is much more accurate. But wanted to be sure that I gave all the RAW information hopefully in a way that shadow can follow what I say. Sometimes I can be rather hard to follow because of the way I word things.

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; July 16th, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old July 16th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Fun with learning(failing) how to multi-quote

But away from the Great Saves Debate and Back to Debugging.

I was attempting to re build an NPC that was a Aristocrat 3/Fighter 5 to add A full Magus Gestalt.

I somehow ended up with +11 Base Attack Bonus. Not sure if it's the Aristocrat that is throwing it off, or the multi-classing, but either way, should never have a Higher BAB than character Level.

I know, Mixed Classes are buggier than still swamp water in August, But just wanted to bring it up.
Dianae is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old July 17th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So read everything you guys said. I do appreciate it. It has helped...

Is the following correct base saves?
Code:
1st Fighter/Monk Fort +2 / Ref +2 / Will +2
2nd Monk/Rogue   Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +3
3rd Monk/Rogue   Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +3
4th Monk/Wizard  Fort +4 / Ref +4 / Will +5
If so I found a way I think to code this into HL. If not its back to the drawing boards.
I believe it should be more like this if I've remembered and reread correctly how it all works...
Code:
1st Fighter/Monk Fort +2 / Ref +2 / Will +2
2nd Monk/Rogue   Fort +3 / Ref +4 / Will +3
3rd Monk/Rogue   Fort +3 / Ref +5 / Will +3
4th Monk/Wizard  Fort +4 / Ref +6 / Will +5
At 3rd character level you will receive the rogue level 2 good REF save +1
At 4th character level you will gain yet another REF save +1 from the monk 4 as you show with the FORT save and the +2 WILL from Wizard 1.

Try it out with a class other than the monk to see what kind of craziness shows with the saves w/o all saves being Good.

Code:
Gestalt Fighter1/Rogue1    BAB +1 / Fort +2 / Ref +2 / Will +0  |  F1 / F1 / R1 / F1&R1
Gestalt Fighter2/Wizard1   BAB +2 / Fort +3 / Ref +2 / Will +2  |  F2 / F2 / F2&W1 / W1
Gestalt Fighter3/Cleric1   BAB +3 / Fort +5 / Ref +3 / Will +4  |  F3 / C1 / F3 / C1
Gestalt Fighter4/Rogue2    BAB +4 / Fort +6 / Ref +4 / Will +4  |  F4&R2 / F4 / R2 / F4&R2
In the above I've put out to the far right what class is giving the "better of the two" at each Gestalt level.

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series

Last edited by CorzatTheGray; July 17th, 2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Link for d20srd.org
CorzatTheGray is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old July 17th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorzatTheGray View Post
Code:
Gestalt Fighter1/Rogue1    BAB +1 / Fort +2 / Ref +2 / Will +0  |  F1 / F1 / R1 / F1&R1
Gestalt Fighter2/Wizard1   BAB +2 / Fort +3 / Ref +2 / Will +2  |  F2 / F2 / F2&W1 / W1
Gestalt Fighter3/Cleric1   BAB +3 / Fort +5 / Ref +3 / Will +4  |  F3 / C1 / F3 / C1
Gestalt Fighter4/Rogue2    BAB +4 / Fort +6 / Ref +4 / Will +4  |  F4&R2 / F4 / R2 / F4&R2
In the above I've put out to the far right what class is giving the "better of the two" at each Gestalt level.
Gestalt 1st
Fighter1/Rogue1 BAB +1 / Fort +2 / Ref +2 / Will +0

Would give good saves of Fort & Reflex adding +2 fort +2 Reflex and Poor Will save adding 0

Gestalt 2nd
Fighter2/Wizard1 BAB +2 / Fort +3 / Ref +2 / Will +2

second Good Fort save would add +1, Being First Good save for Will it would add +2 will, Being first Poor save for Reflex it would Add nothing

Gestalt 3rd
Fighter3/Cleric1 BAB +3 / Fort +3 / Ref +2 / Will +3

Would again Give Good Fort Save, being the 3rd good fort save it would add +0, Would give good Will save from Cleric - This is second Good will save so would give +1, Would be Second Poor Reflex save so no gain

Gestalt 4th
Fighter4/Rogue2 BAB +4 / Fort +4 / Ref +3 / Will +3

Would yet again Give Good fort save so 4th Good fort save would give +1 - Would give Good Reflex save - 2nd Good reflex save so would give +1, Would give Poor Will save - second Poor Will save so no gain

every even Good Save after the first and every 3rd poor save adds +1, Again by RAW you look only at the Progression for save and BAB and HD gains for gestalt. I think people get so caught up in the small parts of gestalt like what actual classes are being emulated by the gestalt class that they try to treat it as a multiclass.

for simplistic try braking it down to just the progression then solve saves as a example

Gestalt Saves
Level BAB Fort Will Refl
1st Fast Good Poor Good
2nd Fast Good Good Poor
3rd Fast Good Good Poor
4th Fast Good Poor Good
5th Fast Good Good Good
6th Medium Good Good Good
7th Medium Good Good Good
8th Medium Good Good Good
Total Refl - 6 good + 2 poor = +5 Reflex (+5 good +0 poor)

This by the way is
1st Fighter1/Rogue1
2nd Fighter2/Wizard1
3rd Fighter3/Cleric1
4th Fighter4/Rogue2
5th Fighter/Monk
6th Monk/Rogue
7th Monk/Rogue
8th Monk/Wizard
Fort -+6 Reflex +5 Will +5 BAB +7 Flurry of blows BAB +8

The above is all by RAW, I personally Prefer the fraction method, but I assume we are talking about RAW rules.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 18th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianae View Post
Fun with learning(failing) how to multi-quote

But away from the Great Saves Debate and Back to Debugging.

I was attempting to re build an NPC that was a Aristocrat 3/Fighter 5 to add A full Magus Gestalt.

I somehow ended up with +11 Base Attack Bonus. Not sure if it's the Aristocrat that is throwing it off, or the multi-classing, but either way, should never have a Higher BAB than character Level.

I know, Mixed Classes are buggier than still swamp water in August, But just wanted to bring it up.
I have a fix for the skill points that I will release very soon.

As for the BAB issue one you found. Could you just send me the .por file please? I am not currently able to reproduce the issue. My email is forum user id at yahoo dot com. Or you can attach .por files to posts in this thread.

As for the BASE save issues. People in this very thread don't seem to agree on how its to be done. I will most likely need to have various options to pick and calculate in different ways. I am not sure when I will be able to get that. So I will make sure their is an adjustment that lets a gamer adjust the values themselves.

I will add a warning for now about multiclassing gestalt that it may not calculate the way each persons groups wants it. I know its a cheap coop out for now but its the best I got for the time being....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 18th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Anyone with "bug reports" please also attach your .por file to your post. It will make it "much" easier for me to debug the issue if I can see it and replicate it. You can attach .por files to posts in this thread by clicking on the "Manage Attachments" button at the bottom of your page when posting a reply.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old July 18th, 2014, 11:36 AM
works, might use the fraction method as a base simply because of ease of programming as well as wide acceptance of the method.

Thanks for all the work You have done.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 18th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer_dragon View Post
If you took monk, rouge at first then wizard sorce at second your saves would gain the bonus from fast progression at lvl 1 and wizard/sorce progression at lvl 2.
This is my understanding as well. Another example:

Say we take Wizard//Rogue at first level, for saves: FORT +0/REF +2/WILL +2 (the best save from the two classes in each category).

At second level if you took Fighter//Wizard, the saves would be FORT +2/REF +2/WILL +3 (Reflex doesn't change as both Fighter and Wizard are REF +0 at their levels - Fighter 01 and Wizard 02 - but Fighter gets FORT +2 at level 01 and Wizard gets another +1 at level 02).

EDIT: Late to the party . . . responded to the first unread post before I saw all of the other posts that followed.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old July 19th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Attached is the .por with the character at several levels.

I left everything other than level choices un done, so that there is nothing else that might have been the conflict.
Attached Files
File Type: email Petrina Gestalt Test.por (152.9 KB, 2 views)
Dianae is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
repair

Old July 25th, 2014, 12:12 AM
Did you ever fix the skill points?
repair is offline   #50 Reply With Quote