Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

joe2chillo

Old April 4th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Hi Joe,
Did you generate the RW structure file directly from Realm Works?
It has some rogue "overlay" elements.
Was this from a realm that was created a few years ago, or a newish realm?

When I used your structure file to create a brand new realm, and then did a structure-only export from that the new realm, the RW structure file did NOT have the "overlay" elements in it.
I created a brand new realm on Sunday and exported the structure from that. So not sure where those rogue elements would have come from.

Also, for the CR, thanks. I realized that like 20 mins after I posted my questions. I finally got my export all done and formatted nice. It looking great. I just have to edit the xml and remove those overlays every time
joe2chillo is offline   #231 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 4th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2chillo View Post
I just have to edit the xml and remove those overlays every time
You could remove all the "<overlay .../>" occurrences in your structure-only export file only the once :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #232 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 5th, 2018, 03:25 AM
V1.24 has just been released.

This contains a simple fix to not include the blank "overlay" elements which were causing problems for various users.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #233 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 5th, 2018, 04:34 AM
V1.25 has just been released.

This release fixes the error that occurred when trying to import files which had the "<" character in a field.

Individual "<" characters are now encoded properly.

If the CSV field starts with "<" and ends with ">" then the entire field is assumed to be HTML and no encoding is performed.

Farling

Farling is offline   #234 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old April 5th, 2018, 06:42 AM
Thanks Farling! Glad you were able to resolve that. Saves me a step!
joe2chillo is offline   #235 Reply With Quote
WhatAboutToast

Old April 5th, 2018, 08:31 AM
This may be an easy or dumb question, so excuse my ignorance.

I have successfully imported some of the database items available on pathfindercommunity.net for my semi-homebrew campaign. I believe the changes I made on my desktop at home were saved to the cloud. I synced my realmworks realm when I launched it on my laptop, but none of the DB items I imported are present. Am I missing something? How can I access all of the DB items I imported on one machine from another?
WhatAboutToast is offline   #236 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old April 5th, 2018, 06:35 PM
How well does this work for importing events? I have a spreadsheet with a When (date stamp) and a What (Notes on the event) (located here) for Shadowrun to import into my World Almanac. If so, is there an easy way to go about that?

I am Jacks Matrix Action Custom Output - Grammarly Invite Code
manchuwook is offline   #237 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 5th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchuwook View Post
How well does this work for importing events? I have a spreadsheet with a When (date stamp) and a What (Notes on the event) (located here) for Shadowrun to import into my World Almanac. If so, is there an easy way to go about that?
I must admit I haven't checked for the import of dates and times properly. I suspect the current implementation will expect the date to be in the time format expected in XML files.

The absolute minimum format which might work is "2002-09-24", otherwise a fuller format might be required "2002-05-30T09:00:00".

The CSV tool doesn't currently support entering data for Date_Game or Date_Range snippet types. I'll add it to the TODO list.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; April 6th, 2018 at 01:13 AM.
Farling is offline   #238 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old April 22nd, 2018, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I must admit I haven't checked for the import of dates and times properly. I suspect the current implementation will expect the date to be in the time format expected in XML files.

The absolute minimum format which might work is "2002-09-24", otherwise a fuller format might be required "2002-05-30T09:00:00".

The CSV tool doesn't currently support entering data for Date_Game or Date_Range snippet types. I'll add it to the TODO list.
I tested it with the yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss format for 'Incident' and the application crashes.

However, I can work on my NLP portion to extract names and locations in the meantime.

I am Jacks Matrix Action Custom Output - Grammarly Invite Code
manchuwook is offline   #239 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old May 30th, 2018, 08:24 AM
I am attempting to import some monsters. I have the CSV saved in the same folder as some jpg and png files I am using for the portrait field. I have done this before and it worked great. But now for some reason when I generate my file I get tons of the same error: File/URL does not exist:

The file names are simply "monster name.jpg" with no path added. As i said the CSV is in the same directory as the image files. Any idea what would cause this error? If I remove the portrait from the import it works fine. Thanks
joe2chillo is offline   #240 Reply With Quote