Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

max_bodycount

Old January 4th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Hello, I just started using AB 3.1 after not using anything since 2.x many years ago. I downloaded the data files for the English Civil War set of WAB and found an error. Unfortunately, the designer is not reachable anymore and I hoped that, since WAB and WFB are so similar I might get some guidance, and there is no posting forum for WAB.

In ECW, you can create squads of foot troops, primarily pikemen and muskets (shot). Each type can be classed as raw, steady, veteran, or elite, with an attending increase in points cost. However, the ECW file for AB only lets you create a squad of pikes and attach squads of muskets (this is the style in which the armies were historically arranged). While this is not a bad thing, the AB file only permits the addition of raw shot troops and no better classification.

I have tried reading the ABCreator manual and, not being fluent in XMLese, did not make much headway in resolving this issue.

I would appreciate any guidance or direction from the forum. Please feel free to email me directly at max_bodycount@hotmail.com with any thoughts.

Thank you in advance,

- Larry F.
San Antonio, Texas
max_bodycount is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 20th, 2007, 03:02 PM
hi there,

to report stuff in these files i think you should go to the Help menu and choose Contact data file author. Hope this helps :~)
robert is offline   #2 Reply With Quote