Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Robbie

Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
I didn't miss the point at all, I gave you the only solution available today that matches your request.

Crossover

Crossover doesn't run Windows like VMWare and Parallels. You asked how to get rid of windows as a second os, and crossover does exactly that. There is no longer a copy of windows running.
Indeed, thank you for your continued assistance. But I'll paint a clearer picture. I'd rather not boot into Windows to run Hero Lab. I'd rather not use a virtual environment to run Hero Lab. I'd rather not use an emulator to run Hero Lab.

I'd rather run Hero Lab as a native app. That should cover it!
Robbie is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 4th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekomancer View Post
Never mind ... my browser only loaded half of the thread....

I will buy Hero Lab as soon as there is a definite confirmation that my PC license will transfer to the Mac.
We're hoping to get this confirmation within the next couple of months. Keep an eye on our web site and newsletter for updates.
Colen is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
geekomancer

Old April 10th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Not to push the issue here, but couldn't you just say "sure, we'll honor a license transfer from PC to Mac" or "sorry, we won't"?
geekomancer is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old April 10th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Not to push the issue here, but couldn't you just say "sure, we'll honor a license transfer from PC to Mac" or "sorry, we won't"?
They are not sure if the can "Technically" do it yet, that is why they can'y just say it. Once they figure out if the "Tech" can or can not then they will tell us.
Dragnmoon is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
geekomancer

Old April 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
We're hoping to get this confirmation within the next couple of months. Keep an eye on our web site and newsletter for updates.
I think I speak for all Mac users when I say we're hoping for good news in the upcoming newsletter!
geekomancer is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Caliber42

Old April 28th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
I think I speak for all Mac users when I say we're hoping for good news in the upcoming newsletter!
+1

-Cal
Caliber42 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
geekomancer

Old May 8th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Sigh. Still no news.

I honestly don't understand why the technical side is such a mystery. Do you have the technology to revoke a license? If so, you can give Mac users a one-time crossgrade — revoke the PC license, grant a Mac license. If you can do that, I will buy the PC version today, then wait patiently for the Mac version to come out, and switch completely when it does. Pretty please?
geekomancer is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
I honestly don't understand why the technical side is such a mystery. Do you have the technology to revoke a license? If so, you can give Mac users a one-time crossgrade — revoke the PC license, grant a Mac license. If you can do that, I will buy the PC version today, then wait patiently for the Mac version to come out, and switch completely when it does. Pretty please?
Unfortunately, users have created dozens of different threads asking about the Mac, and many of the same questions keep getting asked in various places. We have definitely answered this question before, in a couple of places, but we haven't answered it in all the different threads (such as this one). Below is a link to the official answer to this question from another thread.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....18&postcount=3
rob is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
geekomancer

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Aw geez, if I had known about that, I would have bought the program MONTHS ago!
geekomancer is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Sinner666

Old May 14th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Unfortunately, users have created dozens of different threads asking about the Mac, and many of the same questions keep getting asked in various places. We have definitely answered this question before, in a couple of places, but we haven't answered it in all the different threads (such as this one). Below is a link to the official answer to this question from another thread.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....18&postcount=3
Rob,

Maybe you should take all the Q&A's and make a new thread and it sticky and delete/close this thread.
Sinner666 is offline   #40 Reply With Quote