Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old October 28th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Happy Halloween everyone! New release!

For anyone looking to pick up our new data packages, you can find them here:

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP
Campaign Setting #17 (includes Inner Sea Temples)

New Releases
  • Chapters 1-4 of the updated Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path are now available within the Encounter Library! Like all adventure paths, you can add this to your license for only $24.99 on our online purchase site.
    • For anyone using content from the old pre-Pathfinder Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, please note that content will be <strong>updated</strong> with the new versions of that content. Any characters with feats, items, etc from the old AP will have those entries replaced by the equivalents from the new AP.
    • Chapters 5 and 6 of the adventure path will be added to the package over the next 2 months.
  • Inner Sea Temples is now available as the first book in the new Pathfinder Campaign Setting #17 package!
  • The encounters from Fury in Freeport, the adventure in Green Ronin's Freeport Companion, are now available to all users in the Encounter Library!

Enhancements & Changes
  • When memorizing spells, ones which you've already memorized at least once will now be displayed in the selection list with "already memorized" appended in grey text.

Bug Fixes
  • Creatures built with Bestiary monster creation or custom races weren't getting their types and type benefits.
  • When throwing a two-handed weapon, you only get to use 1x your strength bonus.
  • The Two-Handed Thrower feat, which allows you to use 1.5x your strength bonus when throwing weapons two-handed, has been implemented, along with the combat trick for that feat.
  • An unchained rogue's Finesse Training ability should only allow you to add dexterity to melee damage, not ranged damage.
  • The Robe of the Rifts should only change melee attacks to intelligence, not ranged attacks.
  • Elven Battle Focus should only change melee attacks to intelligence, not ranged attacks, and because it's phrasing is "can add", should be an optional change, not an override.
  • Dervish Dance should only allow you to add dexterity to melee damage, not ranged damage.
  • The Swashbuckler (Whirling Dervish)'s Dervish Dance ability should only allow you to add dexterity to melee damage, not ranged damage.
  • The Horizon Walker prestige class was not able to select favored terrains, for some users of the class pack entry method.
  • Order of the Eastern Star Cavalier Order was allowing untrained use of knowledge (nobility), instead of knowledge (arcana).
  • Tower Shield Training was not increasing the reduction to tower shield ACP at 7th and higher levels.
  • The Investigator class was not able to select alchemist discoveries, for some users of the class pack entry method.
  • Warpriest Channel Energy was not calculating it's DC correctly.
  • Dervish Dance was disabling its effects when a buckler was equipped.
  • Consummate Liar was not counting as combat expertise for Improved and Greater Feint
  • Void Zombie templates were setting their CR 1 too low.
  • Order of the Black Daimyo Cavalier Order was setting the Challenge abilities name incorrectly.
  • Order of the Ennead Star Cavalier Order was setting the Challenge abilities name incorrectly.
  • The Champion's Banner item was not correctly increasing the effects of a Cavalier's Challenge ability.
  • Order of the Hammer Cavalier Order was applying too high a situational bonus to jump.
  • The Overachiever story feat was marked as valid for animal companions to take.
  • The Wood and Void Expanded Elements could only be taken once, rather than twice.
  • The Questioner Investigator archetype was adding bard spells, but not removing alchemist spells from the class spell list.
  • The Ancestral Weapon of the Sky Seeker prestige class was not able to select a magic weapon for its bonus.
  • Cavalier Orders from Heroes of the Jade Oath were not having their sub-abilities removed correctly when certain archetypes were applied.
  • The Timeworn adjustment was not halving the gear value when selecting technological weapons and armor.
  • When equipped with a 2 handed weapon or an off hand weapon, bucklers were still granting their shield bonus to AC.
  • In certain circumstances where multiple classes grant Sneak attack, an active copy of the Sneak Attack Special could become hidden, applying its extra damage to all attacks and unable to be turned off.
  • The Living Grimoire archetype was not allowing any 0th level spells to be memorized.
  • The qinggong monk's punishing kick ability had the wrong description.
  • Savannah child wasn't making its chosen skill a class skill.
  • Equipment sets for flurry of blows were showing an incorrect number and value of attacks.
  • The Dirty Fighting feat wasn't satisfying the correct prerequisites for the Greater Steal feat.
  • The Dirty Fighting feat wasn't correctly counting as Improved Unarmed Strike in all cases, for the purpose of satisfying prereqs.
  • Magical Klars were not giving an armor bonus when equipped as a shield.
  • Magical Klars were not counting as being in the close fighter weapon group (they count as light shields, so get the same weapon training bonuses as light shields).
  • Klars should count as light shields for weapon focus and other things that need to select a specific weapon.
  • When equipping a weapon on the iPad, the automatic shield un-equipping will no longer un-equip bucklers, and when equipping a buckler, no weapons will be un-equipped (although other shields will still be unequipped).

Data File Authoring
  • The DamageOpt.<i>Attribute</i> tags have been expanded, to add DamMelOpt and DamRanOpt tags for each attribute, that only apply the optional change of which attribute is used to calculate a weapon's damage for melee or ranged damage. DamageOpt tags still apply that change to both melee and ranged damage.
  • The DamageOver.<i>Attribute</i> tags have been expanded, to add DamMelOver and DamRanOver tags for each attribute, that only apply the override of which attribute is used to calculate a weapon's damage for melee or ranged damage. DamageOver tags still apply that change to both melee and ranged damage.
  • The existing tDamAttr field on weapons, which used to store the attribute bonus to be added to both melee and ranged damage, is now a melee-only bonus. A new tDamRAttr field has been added, which is the attribute bonus to add to ranged attacks.
  • Added Hero.ChalEffLev tag, used by the Champion's Banner, which increases your effective level for the Cavalier's challenge ability, but only for effects, not for uses.
  • Added a couple procedures to standardize Cavalier Orders. "chalefflev" calculates your effective level for challenge bonuses. "ordaltchal" is called by the order, and alters the livename, sbName, summary and description of the challenge ability.
  • The #makeclassskill macro has been slightly altered to assign the ClassSkill tag of the selected skill to the hero context, rather than operating directly on the skill. This causes it to better interact with skills which must be added by a user (such as Knowledge skills), and allows the macro to be used to grant groups of skills (I.E. all Perform skills). As part of this change, the component script which checks for a matching tag on the hero before applying Helper.ClassSkill to the skill has been moved from PreLevel 1000 to Final 1000, allowing much wider use of the macro.
  • The Helper.ThrowStr15 tag can be added to a thrown weapon, to allow that weapon to use 1.5x damage on its ranged attacks if held in two hands. An example of this is the wRock weapon used for the rock throwing ability that most giants have.
  • Added abCategory.AlcDiscPoi to certain alchemist discoveries which relate to the creation and application of poisons.

Last edited by Colen; October 28th, 2016 at 12:51 PM.
Aaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old November 5th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Since I updated, I'm getting the following error: Thing 'idFREror' - Contains duplicates of tag 'EquipAvail' in group 'Helper'

Any idea what this is or how to fix it?
Lonewolf147 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 6th, 2016, 06:00 AM
That looks like an object from Forgotten Realms, so is some add-on not core LWD files.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old November 6th, 2016, 06:47 AM
I don't have (can't find) any Forgotten Realms add-ons in the HL directory. I don't even use FR for my games. :/
Lonewolf147 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 6th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Do you have any of the community stuff installed?
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old November 6th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Yes, the Pathfinder Pack
Lonewolf147 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 6th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
Since I updated, I'm getting the following error: Thing 'idFREror' - Contains duplicates of tag 'EquipAvail' in group 'Helper'

Any idea what this is or how to fix it?
The Community Pathfinder Pack does not contain Forgotten Realms. Just to be sure I just searched it for that Unique ID and it does not exist. So the issue is not coming from the Community Pack.

I would recommend getting a Text Search tool and use it to search for the Thing ID "idFREror" in your C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder folder. Assuming you have windows.

Another option is to start HL. Go to Explore Folders->Program Data Folder which will open your data folder and remove any .user file that does not start with COM_. Or start HL and go to Tools->Manage Third Party Updates and see if you have anything else loaded.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; November 6th, 2016 at 08:14 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 6th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Just to verify I downloaded the latest copy of TobyFox2002's Forgotten Realms package. I can't find the Thing ID idFREror in the files either. So its not from his FR stuff.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old November 7th, 2016, 05:30 AM
Might it be from the Freeport stuff that is being released these days?

Not by HL at the moment to test out this theory though...

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old November 7th, 2016, 09:19 AM
I found it. I was buried in a custom user file. Thanks for the idea to use a text searcher.
Lonewolf147 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote