Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zandraxon

Old November 22nd, 2016, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
That is strange. Please verify that you have entered the full path for the updates as follows:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

The updates for the community set and the stock portfolios won't appear at the top of the list, so you may have to search around for them a little bit. They should be there though, even if HL doesn't flag them as "new" downloads.

Here's what mine looks like:
Ah... ok... The picture in the docs has something like "Lawful_G....." instead of D20 Community pack, at least how my gradually aging eyes and brain read it. Let me look for that when I have a chance tonight!
zandraxon is offline   #591 Reply With Quote
Horrid.Wilting

Old November 22nd, 2016, 04:36 AM
Hi, I'm getting an error "critical information not found in data files: source Monster Manual 3", but only when loading old Porfolios. Tried saving and reloading them, with MM3 ticked and without, no change.
Since in the 1.18 update MM3 source info had been changed, it seems I have a problem with that.
Is there anything I can do about that?
Loading a fresh portfolio/saving/reloading with or without MM3 works normally.
Only old ones are affected.

Also I now have the Monsters of Fearun and Stormwrack two times in the source list... what's that about? O.o

Cheers,
- Horrid
Horrid.Wilting is offline   #592 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 22nd, 2016, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrid.Wilting View Post
Hi, I'm getting an error "critical information not found in data files: source Monster Manual 3", but only when loading old Porfolios. Tried saving and reloading them, with MM3 ticked and without, no change.
Since in the 1.18 update MM3 source info had been changed, it seems I have a problem with that.
Is there anything I can do about that?
Loading a fresh portfolio/saving/reloading with or without MM3 works normally.
Only old ones are affected.
Try selecting "Strip Missing Sources" from the Portfolio menu. If that doesn't work, please attach the portfolio and I'll take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrid.Wilting View Post
Also I now have the Monsters of Fearun and Stormwrack two times in the source list... what's that about? O.o

Cheers,
- Horrid
Hmm....good question. I will look into this.

Update: Fixed this issue. We had a few erroneous sources floating around. Thanks for the report.

Last edited by Sendric; November 22nd, 2016 at 05:54 AM.
Sendric is offline   #593 Reply With Quote
ravdmyvid

Old November 22nd, 2016, 12:39 PM
Hi. I got the same problem as Horrid with the "critical information not found in data files: source Monster Manual 3"

See the attached portfolio
Attached Files
File Type: email dwarf fighter barbarian.por (21.3 KB, 1 views)
ravdmyvid is offline   #594 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravdmyvid View Post
Hi. I got the same problem as Horrid with the "critical information not found in data files: source Monster Manual 3"

See the attached portfolio
Have you tried the "Strip Missing Sources" option suggested above? I suspect that will solve the problem. If not, I'll try to take a look at this later.
Sendric is offline   #595 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old November 23rd, 2016, 08:15 AM
I'm having the same issue as above. The "strip missing sources" option prevents the error from popping up, but what if we want to use something from MM3?
Illyahr is offline   #596 Reply With Quote
ravdmyvid

Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Have you tried the "Strip Missing Sources" option suggested above? I suspect that will solve the problem. If not, I'll try to take a look at this later.
Ok, I tried it now and the error is gone. Sorry, should have done before posting here.
ravdmyvid is offline   #597 Reply With Quote
zandraxon

Old November 23rd, 2016, 01:24 PM
Sendric - thanks for the tip... I'm all loaded up and working now!
zandraxon is offline   #598 Reply With Quote
Horrid.Wilting

Old November 24th, 2016, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Try selecting "Strip Missing Sources" from the Portfolio menu. If that doesn't work, please attach the portfolio and I'll take a look at it.

Hmm....good question. I will look into this.

Update: Fixed this issue. We had a few erroneous sources floating around. Thanks for the report.
Always!

Also thanks for the hint. Stripping worked!

I then reimported the 1.18 files but still have stormwrack and monsters of fearun in the list twice... would reimporting even help there? or should I do something else? is it even an actual issue? do the entries interfere with each other?
Horrid.Wilting is offline   #599 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 24th, 2016, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
I'm having the same issue as above. The "strip missing sources" option prevents the error from popping up, but what if we want to use something from MM3?
MM3 hasn't been removed. It's just that the sourcing got a little messed up. You can simply select the MM3 source available in the list and get everything from there that is currently available.
Sendric is offline   #600 Reply With Quote